Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMBOC & Guest,

Below is Dale's IMBOC description so you know who I am speaking of.

dcard

Monster BullittHead

I got a cell call from Dale yesterday afternoon while I was at home.

And the call went like the following as best I recall from him to me describing his current situation.

Everyone, I don't have the best (Short-Term-Memory) but I will get this information pretty darn close I think.

Dale sounded really weak and not real easy to understand to be honest about it.

I had to ask him multiple times to repeat some things as I just was not sure I heard exactly what I thought I heard if that makes sense.

I have wondered recently why I had not received any E-Mails or him posting on www.IMBOC.com much less personal phone calls.

Well it turns out he did just have his complete Hip-Replacement finally and that surgery went just fine.

In-fact he said I was up and walking the 2nd day and was so glad I finally had the hip replacement surgery done.

Now folks this is where it gets a little foggy to me .....................

Dale was back home recovering from that Hip Surgery thing.
He has a Massive Heart "Attack" at home.
He was then rushed to Indianapolis, IN. to the hospital.
They found out the following as best as I recall what Dale explained to me.
His actual Heart is simply (Worn-Out) and he is 81 yrs old so he cannot get a New-Replacement Heart.
I hope I can word this to where it makes sense and you all understand what's going on with his heart.
It's only working like maybe 25% and if it deteriorates much further Dale will die.
So the hospital (Hospice) sent Dale home to die at home and not at the Hospital.
He said he was told he might have a Day, days, week etc. to live.
He was in the bed, propped-up talking to me on his cell phone.
I did not really talk all that long to him as I was simply AFRAID of the possible Extra-Strain on him talking to me too long.
And I did ask him a few times if I needed to hang up and finally the last time , Dale said I should go as his hand had started shaking so I said my Good-Bye and hung - up.

Dale said for me to post something to let his buddies on www.IMBOC.com know what was going on with him so I hope I have told his situation to where you all understand what's happened.

Lastly,

I am Heart-Sick with this news from Dale as the two of us have been talking car stuff for years now.
And I UN-Fortunately have never gotten to actually meet my buddy in person from Anderson, IN.
Now as I type this it seems I will not get to see and shake the hand of a fellow I have so enjoyed being INTERNET Buddies with. :crying: :crying: :crying:
This folks is really gotten me all messed-up !!!

If any of you wish to send Dale any of your Blessings or Messages please do so on this Thread.

I will send this Link to Dale so if his wife feels up to it can possible read the messages to Dale.

Say a Prayer for this Fellow even if your not all that Religious, please.

A sad day for me,
Terry

·
Registered
831 Posts
That is really terrible news. I haven't been on this site long, but I know I've seen posts and communicated with Dale before, and he always seemed like a nice thoughtful fellow.

My prayers and thoughts are with Dale and his family.

Reactions: tigerhonaker

·
Car Whisperer
20,785 Posts
definitely prayers to Dale and all of his family.

·
Administrator
6,219 Posts
Oh no...this is sad news! I am praying for Dale and his family.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Wow...thoughts/prayers to Dale and his family.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Never met Dale either, but enjoyed his posts and conversation on the site. Thought's to him and his family. Keep us advised Terry. Hope he doesn't suffer

·
Premium Member
13,910 Posts
Wow! Sad news indeed! Dale in our thoughts here as well. The internet connection is a good one for that...

Also, thinking about it...if I knew the end was coming and I could be at home instead of a hospital? Damned right I'd prefer being home!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
:sad: ^^^^^^^^^ Nicely said Bruce. Thoughts and prayers for Dale and his family.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Sad for Dale, his family, and friends (both here and elsewhere). I had several good "conversations" here with Dale.

I'll keep him, his family, and friends in my prayers.

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everyone,

Thanks so much for each one of your post to Dale.

He is such a nice fellow and finally got the darn hip replaced so he could get back to enjoy driving his Bullitt again without constant pain.

And then he has the Massive heart attack. :crying: :crying: :crying:

I don't usually get teared-up over most news but this just tears me up .........

Man, I'm going to miss my Ole Pal in Anderson, IN.

:crying:
Terry

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
What a shock and tragedy to hear such news about a fellow Bullitthead.

Dale and his family are in our thoughts...he has many Bullitt brothers and sisters at his side!
May he be surrounded by love in his home....

·
Registered
184 Posts
Grim news indeed. My thoughts will certainly be with Dale and his family.

Jim

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,503 Posts
Very sad news. Thoughts and prayers for Dale and his family.

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Everyone,

Dale said he would pass to his wife my cell number so when the worse takes place she would hopefully call and let me know.

If she does do that I'll let you all know ..................

Terry

·
Registered
179 Posts
Man, this sucks.

Even when you get to these ages one can expect bad things to happen. But when they really do it always comes to soon.

Nothing worse, I think, than going home knowing, and realising with a clear mind, its just to go and wait for the man up-there to cut the line.

Don't think there are words to describe how that must feel.

I wish him, his wife, friends and family a lot of strenght.

And also to you Terry. Some internet buddies, although you never met them in person, can give you a much better feeling than some people you can meet and deal with every single day.

The internet makes it a small world these days.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,503 Posts
Man, this sucks.

Even when you get to these ages one can expect bad things to happen. But when they really do it always comes to soon.
Too soon, indeed. My brother, Charlie passed away this past February. We'd discussed this subject at length and he came up with an interesting analogy. He said, "Life is like a department store with a revolving door. There's constantly people going in and out of it." I told him I was going to try checking into lay-a-way, but sadly Charlie went out that revolving door. That very morning he was to board a plane for Florida to visit my sister and some good friends. He was excited about having tickets to see Larry Gatlin perform just a month after he passed. He'd bought a new Mustang less than a year before and everyone expected he'd go on to well past 80. But, sometimes the Good Lord has other plans. It's all a part of life.

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man, this sucks.

Nothing worse, I think, than going home knowing, and realising with a clear mind, its just to go and wait for the man up-there to cut the line.

Don't think there are words to describe how that must feel.

I wish him, his wife, friends and family a lot of strenght.

And also to you Terry. Some internet buddies, although you never met them in person, can give you a much better feeling than some people you can meet and deal with every single day.

The internet makes it a small world these days.
Philip,

Thanks buddy ..............

Terry

1 - 20 of 64 Posts