Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Steeda Tri-Ax today and somehow my SWpeedCal got fried in the process. I don't see how it could happed, removed the trim around the stick just fine and carefully disconnected the connector to the cigarette lighter then went step by step thru the removal of the stock shifter and got the Steeda in there just fine. I connected the cigarette lighter back up and pushed the trim back into place then fired up #04291. All the gauges except the speedometer and odometer are working. tried driving a bit and the "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" light came on the dash. Tried resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery negative for 10 min then reconnected and started her up same problem as before. To top it off I can't find my docs on the Speedcal so I don't know which wires are for what. I'd like to use a multimeter to test if power is getting to the speedcal. Anyone else had problems with the Speedcal? The connector to the cigarette lighter is keyed so I know I didn't connect it wrong... it only fits one way. I pulled the trim back open and removed the cover plate completely to check if the wires were somehow crimped by the plate however everything looked just fine, the wires are even protected by plastic conduit. What a bummer. I'll have to call Dallas Mustang in the AM and ask them how I should fix it. Hope I don't have to buy another one... might as well get a chip...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, looks like I have a blown fuse first off. measured the voltage across the cigarette lighter to see if the speedcal was even getting juice, there was extremely low voltage. pulled the fuse and the bridge in it is blown. Do these modern little plastic fuses turn black when they get blown due to shorts? It certainly didn't look off color or anything, just the metal foil bridge within the plastic fuse was gone... will pick up a 20A fuse in the morning and see if my speedo works again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts