Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hate the stock gatorbacks. I have hated those tirese since 95 on my probe gt, and i hate them now. has anyone swaped the stock tires for something else. I swear by pirelli p7000's and that is the way my bullitt is headed.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
well, some of the "oldtimers" here may get sick of hearing me talk about these tires but.................
1st, the Gatorbacks that came on my 97 GT and 99 GT sucked too! dry performance was OK but wet performance was HORRIBLE!! i replaced the 97's with Michelin Pilots and was pretty happy. i replaced the 99's with Dunlop SP Sport 5000's and was even happier. the dunlops are an awesome tire.
2nd, per Five Oh B(brian) these goodyears on the 2001's are supposed to be upgraded tires from the old gatorbacks and handle better. i'll give it a little more time to judge but they do seem a little better in the wet than the old ones(this is my daily driver)
last, go to Tire Rack's website and do your searches by tire type( ultra high performance, all weather ultra high performance, etc.) they actually will compare ALL tires you are considering, give you performance data on each tire, and also show you customer comments and reviews....even if you don't buy your tires there it's a GREAT place to compare all the tires

1 - 2 of 2 Posts