Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
GREAT GOOGLY-MOOGLY!!!
WTF is going on in this world when a dealership will SUE a customer because he has the nerve, the gall, the utter audacity to complain about bad service!!
That was quite a read but well worth it. I think we should all stop by and voice our support for this guy. He may be driving a VW but this kind of thing shouldn't be allowed to go on.. I wouldn't even wish this on a Camaro owner! :wink:

·
Registered
533 Posts
The dealership will most likely get the restaining order until it is proven whether what this guy experienced was true. If it is established that what he claims is indeed fact, he has the right to say it. The dealer really shot himself in the foot by the way he handled this. It could come back to haunt him 10 fold.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I will post there and give that guy a Bullitthead attaboy.

You know how the dealer can fix this problem? Not suck.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Doh! Blakwing beat me! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt on 2001-11-21 08:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Guess we need to be careful of what we say about some companies on this site..... NOT!!!! What a bunch of fugggggin cry babies at that dealership.

I'm taking my toys and goin home..... sniff sniff.....

·
Registered
586 Posts
If your views are based on fact and you do not elaborate erroneously, the opposing party has no grounds on which to penalize you.

Any dealership that penalizes it's customers is behaving irreprehensibly and ought to fail over time.

This is a society that values freedom of speech. Do not let fear silence you.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I was going to fire off a letter to VW for lettng the dealership do this and to tell them I was sad to see the Hitler won after all and the site is down. Wonder why the site is down :smile:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dealers who take this approach will end up with more negative local publicity than they get on an Internet forum. Slander is a difficult thing to prove. Their time and money would be better spent improving their customer service image through training their employees.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-21 11:39, JayP wrote:
While we're on the topic--
http://www.myaudittsucks.com

This guy is in Dallas, dealing with a local Audi shop. He had LEMON vinyl decals and the URL posted on the side. Listen to the phone call.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

There's more comedy material here than on a Chris Rock HBO special! :lol:

I love the complaint forum where he argues with Audi Techs. :grin:

·
Registered
151 Posts
WOW! The way I see it this dealer is getting so many complaints that they are lashing back instead of fixing the issue. They really are destroying themselves!

As a web developer and company owner, service is always number 1. I agree that if he can back up his post then the dealer owes him big time. The dealer better watch out or they will end up with a counter suit. It is the same in all businesses. Some are good and some are crap. You are what you make of it.

I know this is a shot, but if he new of such nad treatment there why did he go there for service in the first place?

·
Registered
237 Posts
The guy with the VW's story makes me think of my local Ford dealer. They must have attended the same customer service seminars. As far as I'm concerned his beef is legit and he ought to be able to tell his story to anyone who's interested. The guy with the Audi strikes me as a bit of a whiner who is not too bright to boot. I mean come on, disc brakes with semi-metallic pads are just going to squeak. There's nothing you can do, except try some kind of aftermarket pad. I used to work at a VW/Audi dealership as a service advisor (thank God I don't anymore) and the cars aren't anymore problematic than any other brand. If you can't consistently duplicate a complaint you can't repair it. If you just replace parts in wholesale fashion and you replace parts that aren't faulty, they are charged back to you and come out of your pocket, as does the mechanic's pay. That's the catch with the flat rate pay method, it motivates techs to works on more cars, but penalizes them on cars with mysterious problems. In the end, after 5 hours work, he may find a loose wire and get paid for 1 hour. Who wants to work for free? They don't get paid to just be on the premises. As aggravating as stuff like this is, I can see both sides of stories like these.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'll second or third the comments. The VW owner had legitimate complaints about service, or lack of. He documented his issues and responses from the dealership.

However, one thing he said that may have hung him. He should have never said that he was going to take revenge and put those same words in writing. Whether the dealer was at fault, like this case or not, the dealer had every right to lash back at him. I would be suprised if the case makes it before a judge for trial.

No, I do not work in the auto industry, but have worked in field operations for several medical instrumentation companies for the past 20 years. The saying is "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar". If you remain calm with them when they expect you to go ballistic, it drives them nuts! :eek:

:-B

1 - 17 of 17 Posts