Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing that I've been trying to do to my TB Bullitt is make my Bullitt "darker"... I've got the tinted windows, smoke license plate cover, etc. (I won't touch the headlights--the darked-out headlights are perfect. GTS headlight covers would be a sin on this car). I read somewhere in one of the posts that a company out there sells replacement dark taillights? I'm not interested in GTS taillight covers--I'm talking about smoke or black taillights that would otherwise be OEM save for the color... (Similar to what the ricers put on their Acuras, but black instead of clear).

I'd also like to know if there's a way to darken the silver "BULLITT" logo? (i.e. not make it black, but a dark greyish-silver). I know I could take a black permanent marker and do it that way but it would be better if there was a replacement logo like that... Thanks!

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
The "carbon look" lights from APC might not be to everyone's taste, but if you do like them, they are awsome, and very well made. They make both the clear style and the carbon style, and I've compared them to other brands in our store and they are of far superior quality!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personally I hate the Euro-style taillights (I like the Lexus IS300, but hate its taillights). IMO, they don't belong on Mustangs, especially Bullitts. But thanks for the link...

TrueBullittBlue, thanks for the idea of tint paint... I never knew "tint paint" existed for that purpose.

KRS 01--Did you use the tint paint? I think the darker tail lights look great on your car. You might want to consider a black MUSTANG bumper insert. (I have that also but forgot to mention it). On my TB, you can't really tell it's there except when the bumper reflects blue and the word MUSTANG stays black...

True-Blue Bullitt #2294
Chicago, IL (proper)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BUL2294 on 2001-12-21 01:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
378 Posts
truebluebillitt,

do you know of one of those rice stores that has the taillight paint that sells it on the internet?

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey, i would love to do that, but here in texas, they have this new thing with giving out tickets for having any light cover on your vehicle. do ya'll think this kind of thing would get past that law? cause i really miss my old headlight covers

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
The cops here say that as long as the t/l's are reflective still and you can see the red when signals are on or stop light they are legal..I havent been stopped or warned about mine yet..

·
Registered
596 Posts
BUL2294, do you have any pictures of your true blue with tinted windows? I'm thinking hard about getting it done.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
#4075,

i tinted my windows... and i have a True Blue.. DEFINATELY worth it! im goin next week to get a very light shade on the front windshield, just for interior and skin protection.

i went one step before limo for the backs and quarters... i like it a lot!

i am going to be putting a black vinyl sticker at the top of the rear window dots...doesnt look bad...

ill have pics within a week...

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Okay, I know I'm in the minority here but, don't you think it's a little dumb to darken your tail or head lights? It seems to me to be a big safety risk. I know I wanna be seen at night. Why take a chance on being rear ended just to look "cool"?

I'll say it now, IMHO.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-02-01 19:56, Bullitt4075 wrote:
BUL2294, do you have any pictures of your true blue with tinted windows? I'm thinking hard about getting it done.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry--I didn't see your message until today. I think I have some pix at home, but I'll have to check... Personally, I think the blue with the 35% tint on 5 windows looks really good. If you're concerned about legalities, the best site I've found so far is http://www.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/ as it has the actual text for most states. (50% net on 5 windows seems legal for most states).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here's a little trick I read about in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords. Use a light sandpaper to flatten the rear window "dots." They suggested a 1500-grit paper would allow the tint to adhear to the window without the ugly bubble spots. I only wished I'd read the article first!!!
I put 20% on the driver's and passenger windows. I went with 15% on the quarter and rear window and it looks great! Only the hot chicks can barely see me now....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmm... I also wish I would've know about that before I had my windows tinted. Maybe the place I had it done will do that little section for cheap...

Bullitt4075--I don't have any pics of my car w/the tinted windows. Since it's away in storage, it'll be another month before I can take any to show you them... (sorry)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts