Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've taken it to the dealer two times for a dash rattle, though I think they only worked on it one time and just replaced the axle the second time. I even told them that if I pushed up on the outside corner of the dash pad that it got better. Does anyone else have this rattle? It sounds like a pencil tapping on a desk. It doesn't take a very big bump to set it off and it can rattle at a pretty high frequency.

I've been scouring the Ford service publications for information on how to get in there but I can't find anything on how to take that area apart. Only how to take the airbag out and vent and the whole dash. It doesn't look like there is much I can do about it. I don't have time to take it to the dealer again before my big road trip and I fear I will be insane by the time I reach my destination.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Get a louder exhaust and/or radio.. problem fixed. :lol:

No really I feel for ya!! I know how it feels, I chased a rattle round and round inside the car until I relized, by accident, that it was the E-Brake button. Yeah I've not got it fixed yet either.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mine also has a rattle on the passenger side also. I haven't taken it to the dealer or anything... I guess i'm jst gna live with it. I hear it once in a while but not all the time. Im not sure what sets it off...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, but that wasn't it. With the help of the wife, we found the rattle. It was where the dash support tube joined with the piece that bolts the dash to the body. A few hits with my BFH to adjust its attitude and all is quiet again.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealer is also replacing the drivers side rocker panel. I don't know what they did to it, but it is no long attached at the top in the rear. The rose bud just won't stay in the hole. No biggie, they are ordering a new one and painting it with installation free of charge. I guess the rosebud is a permanent thing where once it comes out it the whole panel needs replacement. Seems silly to me, but...

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Dave and Julie said:
The dealer is also replacing the drivers side rocker panel. I don't know what they did to it, but it is no long attached at the top in the rear. The rose bud just won't stay in the hole. No biggie, they are ordering a new one and painting it with installation free of charge. I guess the rosebud is a permanent thing where once it comes out it the whole panel needs replacement. Seems silly to me, but...
That does seem odd. Often those 'rosebuds' slide into a slot on the part to be attached, so they are replaceable. You wouldn't expect them to be a permanent part of the panel. I haven't seen a rocker panel removed though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts