Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in 1985, we ordered a new Mustang GT. At that time they were just becoming popular and not very plentiful. Anyway, when it arrived eight weeks later there were two issues with the car...the factory had put 157 "test" miles on it (noted by a sticker), and the dash pad had a slight warp. We accepted the car, and have owned it 23 years now. It's pretty much preserved in original factory condition having just reached 30K miles. However, whenever I sit behind the wheel, I can't stop from looking at that "original" warp in the dashpad, and continue a 23 year long annoyance. With that as a background....
Our Bullitt #5657 has a slight issue with the dash which is begining to catch my eye, regardless of how much I try to ignore it. It seems that the upper an lower "machine-turned" trim panels (over the glove box) that front the air bag exit(I believe) appear to be slghtly ajar (like they are a bit open at the horizontal seam between them). I can easily push them completely closed (< 1/8"), but they spring back to their original position. It's almost unnoticable at first; but it keeps getting wider in my OCD-like mind. Does anyone know how these panels are fastened, and could they be pulled into position? I dread the thought of the dealer pulling my dash completely apart; but if it could be fixed fairly easily, I would go for it. I find myself looking at every Mustang's dash now to see how their panels fit....I need help!

Thanks for any ideas.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
RCSignals said:
I say have the dealer replace it.
What RC said. Yeah.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
+4 !

I'm just trying to fit in today.... ;)