Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I appreciate the communication.
I just checked my BULLITT window sticker and it reads 10/1/18 FLAT ROCK.
The recall notice on the webpage cited is very interesting. It notes that the "Dealers will update the instrument panel cluster software". I have no idea how this is done. I thought that they would have just "switched out" clusters.
Once again, thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I just bought a Bullitt in May that was built on 2/22/19. I stopped for gas on the way home from work this week which is a 6 mile drive in stop and go traffic. Anyway, car was off for 2-3 minutes while I filled the tank and when I turned it back on, no display. I was debating whether to turn it off and back on again when the display finally came on after 15-20 seconds. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. The Sync screen on my wife's 2018 Edge occasionally behaves strangely but it always seems to clear up. I always attributed that to the Microsoft software that runs it.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Hi.

Well it happened again!
After I washed the car on Saturday, I started it up and the dash was blank again! The car has 1300 miles on it now. The first time the dash went blank was at 500 or so miles. The car came off the Flat Rock assembly line on 10/1/2018. The Ford recall for this problem began in November 2018. Sooooo, back to the dealer it goes. I hope that this will be remedied by the software update noted in the recall notice. The Ford reference number for this recall is 19C03. I appreciate being on this forum because I would never have know anything about the noted recall.
 I read it from Matt Maran's entry on 5/12/2019. Thanks Matt!!!

Take care!

·
Administrator
6,179 Posts
Let us know what you hear.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Murphy’s Law in action.
I took my Bullitt to a different and much larger dealership. I The service writer said that a had to make an appt. for them to evaluate the problem. I got an appt.in three weeks. Since the service writer mentioned that they will have to see if an a code comes up, I asked if this could be done now since the ldashboard lights have come back on in the past? They said no. I said “what if the lights do come back on?.She said you have to cancel the appt. and wait until it happens again.
So I am going to leave the appt. as is and hope it happens just before I bring it in. My earlier post noted that after I washed the car, the dashboard went blank. Guess what I’ll be doing the night before my appt.?

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Not just a Ford/Mustang issue. I have heard several people with other brands that complain that their dash blanked out. Seems to be a common issue with the cartoon dash boards.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Well, It happened for the third time. The dash does not light. Car has been at the dealership since last Wednesday. Although the dealer has ten technicians working there, the dealer representative said that he only has two that will deal with this problem. I mentioned that there was a recall on some some Ford/Lincoln vehicles but mine was built the previous month that the recall started. I also mentioned that one dealer wanted to replace the whole dash to resolve this issue. That dealership wasn't aware of the recall for the 4,200 vehicles affected. I asked the present dealership representative if he could place a note on the work order that there was a software update to resolve this issue on a previous recall. He did and said that the car will probably be first seen around this coming Wednesday. So I'll see what happens. By the way, I told him that the toggle switch for the heated steering wheel did not work but this feature could be operated using the touch screen. He added that to the work order. So I hope they try the software update first. Hopefully I have it back soon.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Well I am happy to say all is well. The technician replaced the dashboard cluster and everything is working. Prior to doing this he tried a software update but it did not work. He did not have to remove the steering whee to do this. It is great to have the BULLITT back!! Thanks for all your input buddies!!!! By the way, the toggle switch I thought was for the heated steering wheel is for the advanced steering. I think I better read the car manual.

·
Administrator
6,179 Posts
Well I am happy to say all is well. The technician replaced the dashboard cluster and everything is working. Prior to doing this he tried a software update but it did not work. He did not have to remove the steering whee to do this. It is great to have the BULLITT back!! Thanks for all your input buddies!!!!

Glad to hear the repair seems to have worked. Let us know if anything changes!

By the way, the toggle switch I thought was for the heated steering wheel is for the advanced steering. I think I better read the car manual.

Yeah, the heated steering wheel switch is in the Climate menu and activated by the touchscreen :)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts