Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who wish we had an outside temperature display, I just found this Genuine Ford Accessory rear view mirror that gives us that plus a compass and auto day/night adjustment.

Ford's webs site says this is a $390 item (plus installation), but I found it at Partsmaxx.com for $327.60.

This looks like a real classy interior mod to me. :cool:

What do you all think? :question:

Steve

·
Registered
266 Posts
SteveNYC said:
For those who wish we had an outside temperature display, I just found this Genuine Ford Accessory rear view mirror that gives us that plus a compass and auto day/night adjustment.

Ford's webs site says this is a $390 item (plus installation), but I found it at Partsmaxx.com for $327.60.

Steve
Looks like a nice mod. My new Pioneer AVIC D3 provides that data already or I would consider it.
Ratman

·
Premium Member
18,865 Posts
A nice addition, Steve!

I have the same Ford accessory mirror in my CVPI and am really glad that I purchased it.

:)

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
navypbr said:
Looks like a nice mod. My new Pioneer AVIC D3 provides that data already or I would consider it.
Ratman
That is a beautiful unit, Ratman! :cool:

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cochese said:
A nice addition, Steve!

I have the same Ford accessory mirror in my CVPI and am really glad that I purchased it.

:)
Thanks for the feedback, Collin. :smile:

Did you install it yourself? If not, how much did your dealer charge to do the work? :question:

Steve

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
SteveNYC said:

Steve

Steve, I had one of those in my Pontiac Grand Prix and I loved it. It normally comes in the comfort group option, which was not available for the Bullitt. Sandra looked into it for my 07 GT, and the dealer said that they had to tear the interior up a bit to install it, so I don't know if it is worth it.

·
Premium Member
18,865 Posts
SteveNYC said:
Thanks for the feedback, Collin. :smile:

Did you install it yourself? If not, how much did your dealer charge to do the work? :question:
I did not do the installation since the instructions "recommended" professional installation and it would be warranted if done by a Ford dealership...so I went that route. I'm not sure of the cost regarding installation but I'll get back to you on that after I check the paperwork. :)

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BB2008 said:
Steve, I had one of those in my Pontiac Grand Prix and I loved it. It normally comes in the comfort group option, which was not available for the Bullitt. Sandra looked into it for my 07 GT, and the dealer said that they had to tear the interior up a bit to install it, so I don't know if it is worth it.
Thanks, Ken. Yes, "tearing up the interior" doesn't sound too attractive. :eek: I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow... to talk about this and the replacement side view mirrors I just received (heated and with turn signals built in). I need to be careful with my budget. Maybe I'll space things out over the summer. :wink:

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cochese said:
I did not do the installation since the instructions "recommended" professional installation and it would be warrantied if done by a Ford dealership...so I went that route. I'm not sure of the cost regarding installation but I'll get back to you on that after I check the paperwork. :)
Thanks for looking for the number for me. I'll let you know what my dealer quotes me for the work. Hope to get through to him tomorrow. :smile:

Steve

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Well...

1) I never trusted the temp indicator to read accurately once I was at speed. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)
2) Therefore I have often pulled over and did the 32 deg slide test in my fancy salesman shoes...
3) Being born and raised to have a spirited sense of direction at all times... and,
4) Being a child of the Space Race & the Apollo Program, I well know the big pancake flipper in the sky (and its little buddy) and where the big N is (and how to tell time with that), Cassiopia, the Seven Sisters, and my winter favorite as I feed my horse herd... Orion.

But then again I can see the sky so I don't need a fancy mirror.

Whereas those poor lost souls in NYC... :???: I guess I can understand... :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cdynaco said:
Well...

1) I never trusted the temp indicator to read accurately once I was at speed. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)
2) Therefore I have often pulled over and did the 32 deg slide test in my fancy salesman shoes...
3) Being born and raised to have a spirited sense of direction at all times... and,
4) Being a child of the Space Race & the Apollo Program, I well know the big pancake flipper in the sky (and its little buddy) and where the big N is (and how to tell time with that), Cassiopia, the Seven Sisters, and my winter favorite as I feed my horse herd... Orion.

But then again I can see the sky so I don't need a fancy mirror.

Whereas those poor lost souls in NYC... :???: I guess I can understand... :wink:
Great points, Charliehorse! :wink: Yes, us NYC folk are a little "challenged" when it comes to seeing the sky! :lol: :lol:

I'll be honest. One of the things driving me on this mod is that my 30+ thousand dollar Bullitt has a (cheap looking) manual day/night rear view mirror. I haven't found an automatic mirror that doesn't at least also have a compass.

I'd probably go "just" for the automatic mirror if I could find one. Anyone seen one out there? :question:

Steve

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
I had one of the Ford auto-dimming mirrors in my old 05. Installation was a bit challenging. If you head over to TMS and do some searching you'll find a thread or two about them. Removing the stock mirror CAB be somewhat challenging. Many people have cracked their windshields trying to get the mirror off. I removed mine using a small screwdriver and a LOT of patience.

The wiring can then be spliced into the overhead console or run down the A-pillar to the passenger side fuse box. For the mirror with homelink you need TWO hot leads. I used two add-a-fuse's in the passenger fuse box to get the constant and switched hot leads needed. I attached the ground to a bolt I found on the firewall.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
SteveNYC said:

Steve
Hi Steve,

The one I see that I like is the one with (Home Link). Man I Hate having to open my Center Console Lid everyday to get to my Garage Remote. :frown: :frown: :frown:

May have to look into this Later. Need the Funds to do it.

Terry

·
Registered
266 Posts
SteveNYC said:
That is a beautiful unit, Ratman! :cool:

Steve
The only problem I have is trying to drive while I am playing with it. Since mine has a bypass that allows DVD's to play at all times, I have "Top Gun" movie on most of the time. I've seen it so many times I only glance once in awhile while listening to the dialog!
Ratman

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DavidMidgley said:
Careful there Stevo, I like the looks of my cheap looking rear view mirror...:eek:uch:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, Ford (and we) put all our money into the Bullitt's performance. :wink:

But wouldn't you know it... a guy from NYC wants his Bullitt to be just a little more "refined". :cool: :cool:

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
navypbr said:
The only problem I have is trying to drive while I am playing with it. Since mine has a bypass that allows DVD's to play at all times, I have "Top Gun" movie on most of the time. I've seen it so many times I only glance once in awhile while listening to the dialog!
Ratman
I don't think I have enough self control to have a movie on while I'm driving! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Martimus said:
I had one of the Ford auto-dimming mirrors in my old 05. Installation was a bit challenging. If you head over to TMS and do some searching you'll find a thread or two about them. Removing the stock mirror CAB be somewhat challenging. Many people have cracked their windshields trying to get the mirror off. I removed mine using a small screwdriver and a LOT of patience.

The wiring can then be spliced into the overhead console or run down the A-pillar to the passenger side fuse box. For the mirror with homelink you need TWO hot leads. I used two add-a-fuse's in the passenger fuse box to get the constant and switched hot leads needed. I attached the ground to a bolt I found on the firewall.

Nice job!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I envy you guys with the skills to do stuff like this yourselves! :redface:

Steve

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.