Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you Canadian Bullitts noticed that your headlights are not noticeably brighter than your DRLs?
I even had mine checked when I had it in for its 5000 km check and all tests showed everything was normal.
(On another topic- were any of you Calgary Bullitts in the Hidden Valley area on Sunday?)

·
Registered
257 Posts
You are right, as a matter of fact I was playing with the lights last night and noticed the same thing. On my other cars there seems to be much more of a differance.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Are we lucky or what? Think about it though, everytime we drive our cars the lights are on, guess what burns out regularly. On my 95 Impala I used to go at least 2 or 3 bulbs a year.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx, Bruce H.. So maybe that IS what they're supposed to be like. I feel a LITTLE better now. I agree the difference is usually much more noticeable. if you have yours checked when you take it in let me know what your dealer says.
Yeh, kfengler, it's times like these that us elite Bullittheads remember the little people that made it all possible.. (lol)..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Daytime running lights used to run on the highbeam circuit on only 6 volts. (the voltage was stepped down in the module)they have changed the system to 12 volts and used the low beam circuit now. (I believe it's more durable, higher volts=less amps) That's why we're seeing the difference in brightness now.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Some of us Canadian guys are smart. HEY
That sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have always had a problem with DRL's. I don't think they are effective. I really hate GM doing it to ALL their cars..I don't want them. Thay also make me more invisable on my motorcycle in a group of cars.

I am not convinced at all, that they are a positive safety device.

Off soapbox now.. :smile:

Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts