Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are 14 million threads regarding this, but I did a search and haven't found any on this particular wheel. I know that those who have gone with the anthracite DD have said that the spokes are darker than the factory Bullitts. The factory wheels seem to be more silver in color, so I did a search and found these. They seem to be VERY close in color to the factory wheels. Just wanted to get y'all opinions on the color and on the company, AFSWheels. They are an eBay store. So, let's here it. Thoughts!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
494 Posts
DD are made by the same company. You will need 03-04 Bullitts to have a vey good color match if you want to keep the 17x8. Search for a thread under my name. There should be one recently.

Chad

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M1 Tanker said:
DD are made by the same company. You will need 03-04 Bullitts to have a vey good color match if you want to keep the 17x8. Search for a thread under my name. There should be one recently.

Chad
Yeah, I've seen your thread. But you ordered anthracite, if I remember correctly. These are silver and are a completely different color that seems to more closely match the stock wheels. Here are the silver ones compared to the anthracite ones, both from 50resto.

silver

anthracite

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Based on the pictures, I would say that the silvers are too light for a perfect match with the stockers and that the anthracite are too dark.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5111 said:
Based on the pictures, I would say that the silvers are too light for a perfect match with the stockers and that the anthracite are too dark.
And that could be. I just wonder which one is closer. If I had to recort to purchasing a set of 03-04 Bullitt style wheels, I may as well buy some 17x9s. I'm trying to avoid that if at all possible. Plus, I really like the big-n-little look with the 8s up front. M1's car looks sweet with that setup!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I used to have the silver bulllitts did not like them much I have a pic if you need to see.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
The Anthracite's will be a closer match than the Silver. I don't think you will be happy with Silver wheels. You'd be better off buying the Polished Silver wheels then just the plan wheels IMHO.

AFS is reputable, but they are the "big bully's" in the wheel arena. They sued every merchant selling after-market Bullitt wheels, which made all bullitt wheels hard to find. The reason you are finding them now, is that AFS withdrew their lawsuit.

Check out http://www.americanmuscle.com/bullittwheels.html?gclid=CJbi8ZTftI0CFQlQWAod2R6B1A before buying from AFS.

AM sells the 17x8s, 17x9s, 17x10.5s, 18x9s, and DD 18x10s in Anthracite.

I would have recommended www.wheelreplicas.com but they pulled their Bullitt wheels after the lawsuit was filed and haven't put them back up on their site.

Hope this helps! I have the 18x9s and DD 18x10s Chrome Bullitt Wheels on 2679. See signature and garage for more pics.

Here is a better pic of an 18x10 DD Anthracite wheel. The color in the pic is pretty close to actual color. Double click on the pic for a full screen view.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
IMHO, if I were to buy some new wheels for my Bullitt and the correct wheels were not available I personnally would consider going to the black Bullitts. They are more along the lines of the originals' wheels.:wink:
Check out the avatar photo of Doc Coffins' Bullitt.
A little more of the retro look than what the 01 cars came with stock.:smile:

Just my $.02.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts