Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can imagine, there were bound to be surprises buying a totaled car sight unseen. There were a few, most of them disappointing, but not terrible. Anyway gang, here's the info you've been waiting for, good and bad....

TB5538 is officially dead and will be parted out. The front frame is mangled badly on both sides.

Good News:
- Engine purrs like new
- Totally stock
- Should be able to make a little money out of the deal
- Mostly Intact except front, Bullitt specific parts all present
- Front seats are very nice
- 4 brand new Goodyears

Bad News:
- Owner was a smoker, ciggy burns in rear package tray and rear seat bottom
- All rims have curb rash
- Rear Calipers need repainting, Fronts need slight touch up
- Owner drove over a fresh paved road, heavy tar on bottom surfaces and exhaust
- Battery blew in collision, intake will need cleaning attention
- One broken bolt hole in timing cover

This is the plan. I'm about to move my entire shop and install a lift in my new place. This should be done by the end of July. The Bullitt will be sitting until I get into my new space and have lift access. I'll let everyone know when I start the disassembly, those of you close by are always welcome to come over.

If someone needs something badly, just drop me a PM, email or call me at (352) 665 0013 and I'll see if I can help. Thanks for all the interest, hopefully we'll all benefit from the wreckage of TB5538

Frank

PS: Dennis, the Rotation number is 5735

·
Registered
771 Posts
Wanna sell the bumper cover? I desperately want one from True Blue Bullitt or GT, even if it is scuffed and needs repainting, at least it will be a blue cover and Fomoco original....

Please?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rear bumper cover is perfect, are you in a hurry?

·
Registered
250 Posts
needed parts if possible

Well, good to hear that you will be able to make something out of this venture. Like I said, even if you can't fix it up at least it'll keep a lot of other Bullitts alive out there. Sounds like you have a lot of work on your hands between moving and parting it out, however just putting in a request for the door panels and sun visors, if in good shape and something you can part with. If not I completely understand and no, there is no hurry.

Just let me know if this is possible when you can and thanks again.

Keep the shiny side up, Troy

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Troy, door panels and visors are good, you get first dibs

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
how mangled?

is it damaged behind the shock towers then? I know the front half is really easy to cut off and tack on a new one. My stepdad has done it 2 or 3 times now.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ezekial said:
how mangled?

is it damaged behind the shock towers then? I know the front half is really easy to cut off and tack on a new one. My stepdad has done it 2 or 3 times now.
The impact was hard enough to break the cowl cover and windshield... the entire front is pushed back including the front suspension. So while there maybe a way to save it, it wouldn't be cost effect or safe to do so....

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Rarecat said:
The impact was hard enough to break the cowl cover and windshield... the entire front is pushed back including the front suspension. So while there maybe a way to save it, it wouldn't be cost effect or safe to do so....
damn, that does seem pretty severe

well good luck with the parting out :)

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
As Scott Hoag said last night about Reload a stolen car recovery that he decided to save, " sentimentally it was a great idea but financially not the best". Cost way more than it was worth to save it and it didn't have serious frontal damage. At least we can benefit from a loss.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Rarecat said:
The rear bumper cover is perfect, are you in a hurry?

Not REALLY... Unless you are in a hurry to part it out... Just remember me when you are ready! Please shoot me over a PM and hook me up with a ballpark on how much you want for it... :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks for letting me know about the door panels and the sun visors, much appreciated. Just let me know when your ready.

Troy

·
Registered
128 Posts
Frank, I am interested in the trunklid if it is not spoken for? Shoot me a message, and I am in no hurry at all. Fellow True Blue Bullitt#5452. Curt W.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Rare cat,
I'm interested in the Bullitt side rockers including the mud flaps, and the bullitt C pillers with qtr window glass and front seats

1 - 14 of 14 Posts