Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Dealer Horror Stories?

3K views 34 replies 27 participants last post by  bryanscameron 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if any of you out there had any horror stories of your experience buying your Bullitt?
I will probably never purchase another Ford vehicle after the way I was treated at my local dealership. Which is a shame because every other aspect about owning my Bullitt is fantastic!

#3 ·
No problems at my dealer. the day I bought mine, I told them "I want to buy a Bullitt today" and off we went on a test drive. They didn't even ask for my driver's license. Had to haggle and wrangle a bit but that's part of the normal process to reach a deal. Otherwise, fine and easy buying experience for me this go-round. There are some dealerships that can be quite difficult.

#5 ·
I bought my 01 TB bullitt used at a ford lot in the dfw area and i was so suprised to c that none of the sales men really new what they were selling and the lack of there knowledge makes me just sick and not want to deal with some ford lots...:evil:

#6 ·
Ford will send you a purchase experience survey form. You can fill it out by hand or go to the web site.

Make sure you give the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about your experience with said dealership.

There were a couple aspects of my purchase experience that I wasn't pleased with and was sure to mention in the survey.

#7 ·
Steve08 said:
Ford will send you a purchase experience survey form. You can fill it out by hand or go to the web site.

Make sure you give the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about your experience with said dealership.

There were a couple aspects of my purchase experience that I wasn't pleased with and was sure to mention in the survey.
What he said!!!! :wink:

I have a friend who works at a local Ford store. He tells me that Ford Corporate is taking these surveys very seriously these days. Be honest in your criticisms and it'll make its way to the powers at be at your local dealership...

#9 ·
I have had nothing but good experiences with my Ford dealers. One sales rep in particular isn't getting my business ever again. But that is one person...not the dealership.

#10 ·
My purchase, from Kevin Shaner, at Hertrich Ford, in Milford, DE, was very pleasant.
BTW, Hertrich still has 5 or 6 '08's for sale.

#11 ·
Steve08 said:

I filled out the survey - honestly - but I haven't heard anything from Ford or the dealership which just re-enforces my feeling that Ford doesn't really care about customers - they are just happy to sell the car - by any means.

#12 ·
I can't complain about my purchase. It came from Ken Wilson Ford in Canton, NC.I papid 31,200 for mine. It had the high density lights ,which I love, I can finally see at night. Active theft package, 1000w stereo and several other items.
I also have the August 2005 Motor Trend Magazine on the Bullitt. That's when I started saving.
Everybody havae a good evening,
Jimmy Galloway. 3374

#13 ·
my salesman was great! i told him what i wanted, and he always came through. now the finance guy that handled the paperwork...he was a work of art. he tried to get me to pay an extra grand for the car. i had him change his paperwork, and all was well. overall, a very pleasant experience. alexander ford in fraklin, tn.

#14 ·
Texasbygod said:
I was just wondering if any of you out there had any horror stories of your experience buying your Bullitt?
I will probably never purchase another Ford vehicle after the way I was treated at my local dealership. Which is a shame because every other aspect about owning my Bullitt is fantastic!
No problems at all for me. I'd never let a bad experience at one dealer stop me from buying another Ford.
Believe me if you do that you'll soon run out of car Brands to buy.

#19 ·
I have found that some are great and some are terrible. What Ford needs to do is to institute a salesperson training program that requires salespersons to demonstrate competency in all aspects of the selling process and that includes having a foundational knowledge base about all the models. When I talk to salesmen about the Bullitt they just don't seem very informed.

#20 ·
I would send my mother to Larry Wagner at Smith Ford in Lowell, IN. They are "car guys" who will do whatever they can to sell you a car. They are a small town dealer with small town values and an older style facility. My Bullitt stickered for $33,310 and I bought it 5/30 for under $30,000. They actually BACK their cars with service after the sale.

#21 ·
dennisbaker said:
I have found that some are great and some are terrible. What Ford needs to do is to institute a salesperson training program that requires salespersons to demonstrate competency in all aspects of the selling process and that includes having a foundational knowledge base about all the models. When I talk to salesmen about the Bullitt they just don't seem very informed.
Ford does provide training materials. Problem is since Ford doesn't own the Dealerships, it is up to teh Dealer owner/Managers to ensure the sales people aare well informed. Too many don't it seems.

The other day I stopped at a local dealer (not the one I use) that had an '09 Bullitt out front. A salesman came out. In talking he said they had had an '09 Mustang in but didn't know if it was red or Black (it was a bright silver V6 - I saw it) and it was sold, and they didn't have any other '09s yet. I pointed to the Bullitt and said 'That's an '09' The salesman said "It is? I wouldn't have thought it was"

BTW, when I as at the same dealer a few weeks earlier, when that silver '09 V6 was on the lot, another salesman who came out swore thy didn't have any '09s in yet at all.
when I said 'What about that one" He said he doubted it was.

You would think if you are in the business of selling you'd try to inform yourself of what you are selling and know a bit of the inventory on hand.

#22 ·
I had a great experience buying my Bullitt at Marietta Team Ford here in Marietta, GA. They specialize in Mustangs. They always have plenty of the hard to find Mustangs. I was there a month ago and they had 4 (3 08's and 1 09) Bullitts on the lot for sale. The service department is also very good. They have a dyno back there and will test your car for you. I love my Ford Dealer and will continue buying from them. They actually seem to care about the cars and treat mine like gold!

#23 ·
I was bound, gagged, blindfolded, held upside down by the ankles and shook, until every penny fell out of my pocket. Then I was promised a bottle of touch-up paint that has yet to arrive in 6 months. But, I'm still happy, 'cause I have a Bullitt and they don't.:lol:

#24 ·
dennisbaker said:
You are so right. My salesman didn't know jack diddly squat beans about the Bullitt. Everything he now knows he got from me. And to beat it all, even the OWNER of the dealership didn't have a clue. The day I got it, he says, "Oh, you're the guy picking up that green Mustang, aren't you?" Not a clue. Even the "MCQUEEN 1" license plate didn't ring any bells for him. Go figure. :lol:

#25 ·
StvMcQueen said:
You are so right. My salesman didn't know jack diddly squat beans about the Bullitt. Everything he now knows he got from me. And to beat it all, even the OWNER of the dealership didn't have a clue. The day I got it, he says, "Oh, you're the guy picking up that green Mustang, aren't you?" Not a clue. Even the "MCQUEEN 1" license plate didn't ring any bells for him. Go figure. :lol:
Jim,
But they knew enough to get you to pay ADM, didn't they?
J/K

Lee

#26 ·
No horror story here. Even the dealer that I ordered my other car from that I did not buy was a good group of folks. The dealer that I got 2413 from went out of there way to help me when Ford pulled the rebates with out notice. The complete store is on here some where " to lazy to search for it" During the negotiation they agreed to sale me a spare tire at cost and they quoted me $139 plug $50 for the core charge. When they discovered this was a mistake they where willing to trade the inflation kit for the full spare assembly jack and all from a used 08GT they had on the lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.