Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems with my alarm system. Every time I arm it my my horn tone is about 2 sec. longer and louder than before. When I disarm the 2 horn blasts are distorted and sound like crap. Last night I was arming and disarming and accidentally set it off. Neighbors were stepping out to see what the heck was going on. I'm taking it to the dealer this week. Hopefully its just a short somewhere. Any alarm guys out there?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had the System 3 and a shock sensor installed (what a rip off, but I wanted to keep it all Furd). Mine would do that occasionally, and I took it to the dealership and they said they couldn't duplicate the problem. Knowing what I know about automotive electronics, I suspect that their connections weren't as good as they cood be, and they went through and made them better. Haven't had a problem since, except that the shock sensor is a piece of crap.

Let us know it comes out.

·
Registered
372 Posts
can you tell me how the alarm system works? my dealer didn't even tell me i had it and i have no documentation on it. the only reason i know it is there is because of the nasty looking thing they screwed under my dash

·
Registered
413 Posts
It works like any other aftermarket alarm. Arms and disarms with the unlock and lock buttons on your keyless entry. It also adds another starter interrupt and possibly a shock sensor. They have to locate the apropriate wires under the dash and splice in the alarm box. you should have gotten an over-ride button, as well as a flashing led that when you push it, puts the alarm in valet mode. That's the extent of my knowledge of alarms.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
When I arm the system it honks twice...
When I disarm it it honks once...
Any way to arm/disarm without all the darn honking?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
You guys probably all have a different alarm, a lot of times the dealership uses outside alarm companies (the cheapest and they charge you the most) I have never heard of an actual "Ford" alarm. They should have given you a booklet on how to use the alarm and if the co. that put the alarm in it should have a lifetime warranty on the installation (not the alarm) You can normally look on the alarm remote and see who made the alarm system. As Far as changing settings you would either need to refer to the alarm manual or contact the dealership. The sensitivity of the shock sensor is directly related to where/how it is installed and how many false alarms you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts