Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i am very pissed. i didnt want to take my car back to the place i got it at cause 1. they are too far from me and 2. they f#%^D up my car when they gave it to me and i didnt want them to do it again. i went by Champion ford and Russell and Smith here in houston and both dealers told me to take it where i bought it from. they said since i didnt buy it from them that they REFUSE to warranty the car. Their reason was that since it didnt come from them THEY should not have to fix it. THAT IS THE BIGGEST LINE OF CRAP I HAVE EVER HEARD!!! So guess who has my car? thats right, the people who f%^d it up to begin with. i told one dealer that i bought it in alaska and they had the gall to tell me to take it back there. If this is what i am to expect from ford the i dont ever want another one. sorry guys but i needed to vent. oh yea, and to top it all off they gave me a dam land yacht crown vic to drive.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
THat is total Bullsh**!!! My awesome dealership here said that when I go down to CA back to school (in two days) that I can take it to any Ford Dealer there and get warranty work done. Like hell I am going to (let alone be able to) take my Bullitt back to BC from CA to get work done on it!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I’ve had the same experience with other new Fords I’ve owned. I too think this sucks because the dealer I bought my car from has a reputation of having a bad service department. Does anyone else get this same treatment? I haven’t needed to take the Bullitt in yet and hope I never do. If that time comes I’ll find out if their still pulling that garbage here.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
That's B.S. ANY Ford dealer has to honor the Ford warranty. I'd tell the dealers you went to and were told "No" that you want to speak to the District Manager or even send a mail off to Ford about it. With Ford pushing their service depts lately they really can't afford the bad press. Better yet, if a local news channel ahs a consumer segment, contact them and see if the dealers will go the air saying that. Bet not.
Cam

·
Registered
111 Posts
Like Chilli said, that is a load of BS. The warranty is through Ford, not the dealer where you purchased it. Over the past couple of years, I have owned three Ford trucks as well as my Bullitt. There are three dealerships between my house and my office and the trucks have been to all three at various different times for various reasons, warranty related and not. No one gave me a hassle over where I purchased the vehicle.

Now, I can see the dealer saying what they did if you are asking them to repair something that the original dealer f-'ed up rather than a manufacturer defect. However, if the problem is a true warranty issue, ANY Ford dealer should be willing to take care of it. If they aren't, I would let Ford know about it.

Rick

·
Registered
467 Posts
I once bought a GM trans am in Detroit. had it serviced at the local dealer in Canada. My aerostar bought in canada was serviced in Texas NO PROBLEMO. the dealers you talked too need to be tape recorded and see what happens when you call Ford customer service.
F em

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

·
Registered
762 Posts
I concur with all the above also. can you imagine the amount of "kaka" I and many other Americans with American cars would be in if were told to take our stateside purchased cars to the purchasing dealers?? It is 100% fact that your at a minimum your basic warranty is valid at any Ford dealership in the continental US, Alaska, and Canada. Even over in Europe all but the extended warranty is honored. And if you purchase a vehicle through military car sales even the extended warranty is honored.

·
Registered
302 Posts
A dealer I knew dropped the Fiat line because some guy was selling brand new Fiats off of a lot without a service department. Could it be that these other dealers are sick of having to fix the other dealers mistakes. The fact that Ford doesn't pay a lot towards the labor on warranty work and the dealer has to make it up somehow. Ask the service manager why they won't honor the warranty work i'd like to know his answer.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Get out your pen and paper (start writing everyone.) Get out your phone book (there are lawyers dying to get a hold of a manufacturer's claim, it could be class action.) Get on the internet and post a site that has a name very similar to the dealer's and hammer the dealer by dispensing negative publicity to about them to internet 'cruisers.' Contact the newspapers and the local television stations to see if you can get them to bite on your story (make it sound good.) Contact your local congressman, the Better Business Bureau, and your State Attorney General. Do these things, and if your claim is valid, it will be attended to quickly and courteously. My .03 cents.

·
Registered
222 Posts
CALL YOUR FACTORY REP.
I DID!
I HAD A 2001GT AND THE FACTORY HAD DONE SOME REPAIRS TO IT AND I DID NOT LIKE THE WAY THEY DID THE REPAIRS.
SO I [email protected]!??(ONLY HAD IT FOR 2 MONTHS)
A FACTORY REP. CAME DOWN TO MY DEALER AND AFTER TALKING TO HIM ABOUT ALL THE PROBLEMS I HAD WITH THE 2001GT, FORD MOTOR CO.
BOUGHT BACK MY GT AND I BOUGHT THE BULLITT.
GREAT CAR.. #3667

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I asked the Ford Customer Hotline about going to another dealer. She said herself that dealers may refuse to work on cars bought at another shop.

I told her that's pretty silly- since its WORK for the shop techs. Why wouldn't they want to make me a happy customer? I'd buy a car from them if I was happy--

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont know how a dealer can refuse to work on a legit claim for warranty regardless of where it was purchased. i will be following up on this. i have talked to two other dealers and told them of the problem i was having and they said it was bs that i could take it anywhere. once 161 gets painted at this dealer it will be going to another dealer to get the other problems fixed. if i continue to have car-and-dealer trouble then i will just have them buy back my car and get a WS6-TA.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
if the original dealer did the body/paint repairs,shitty or not , then most other dealers do not want to get involved for 2 main reasons
1)if it was a warranty repair, the original dealer has been paid for the repairs from ford after the dealer submitted it on either an 1863 warranty form or transportation damage. , thus the dealer that did the repair has primary responsability they are responsable to do the repairs properly even if it takes a bunch of times... ford paid them. If this continues to be an isuue, you contact the factory service rep at your localPDC or thru ANY ford servide manager toarrange for a meeting.Have all your documents ready as well as the car for his review. If u have a validclaim then he WILL authorize the repair at a different FORD dealer and charge the originaldealer back.

2) no other dealer wants to accept the responsability and warranty of a previous crummy repair, thus they are refusing you

all semantics/politics I know but welcome to the world of never never land with the dealers/manufacturers...

any other questions feel free to-mail me
by thee way G.M. is 100times worse with bureacracy...trust me,I know

·
Registered
310 Posts
I concur! I just took my Bullitt to another dealer today because of my crappy dealer! Didnt tell them why i was there just said the other one was to far! You know these dealers need to wake up and smell the roses! who knows we might just be a potential customer, but if we are treated like crap they just may never know what might have been! But on the other side of it Ford is cheap [email protected]#$%* when it comes to paying dealers for there time! So I figure alot of them are getting about as fed up with Ford as we are!
But I guess the one to blame is that Ford ceo from Australia, who appears to be driving Ford into the ground! And thats my 2 cents worth ! Thanx Havgun! #1676

By the way why in the hell does Ford have an outsider running there company????? Just a thought

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Havgunwiltrav on 2001-09-04 20:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used to be a Service Mgr for a Ford dealer the "standing rule" was if the repairing dealer was within 50 miles from you, you were supposed to go back to them. Ford doesnt want to pay for their mistake and most dealers dont want to get into a pissing match with oneanother. But you can get Ford involved via an area rep and maybe they can talk dealer into fixing concern. Or you can lie about why your not going back or dont say anything about previous concerns, and even give another address thats past the 50 mile range. the 1800 number is only good to open what they call a contact,contious calling untill you get a response from the ford rep is the best action. mike #790

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
good info, thanks mike!

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
You can always do this if your local dealer is not up to par. Call the Ford 1 800 service line tell them that the car will not run and they will send a flatbed wrecker to take your car back to the selling dealer. I bought my car 50 miles out of town at a dealer with good service and sales. My local dealer has neither. My Bullitt has not been in the shop for anything but my last GT had a problem and Ford sent a flatbed wrecker and took the car 50 miles up the road. I was happy with my experience.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Ok guys.. Time to start naming names. If a dealer gives you the sh*t end of the stick for any reason you should do the following. Tell them that since they refused service/screwed something up/ treated you in a unprofessional or unsatisfactory mannher that you will not only take you car and your business elsewhere but that you are also going straight home to give a FACTUAL recounting of your experiences in several national forums and enthusiast web boards. Believe it or not this generates results. So from now on.. Keep it factual and as impersonal as possible.. but when making a complaint here be certain to have all your facts in a row and start naming names. Dealership name, salesperson's name, service manager, etc. Put specific names here as well as specific claims. Also be certain to do the same thing for good service, sales, support, etc. If we do get hits by Ford and their employees here as well as potential buyers it does everyone a service to be able to put a name to crappy sales/service as well as a name to great sales/service. What needs fixing can be fixed and what gets praised can be rewarded.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have been on the bullitt club for three month and there is more complient about how Ford treat their customers. This insensitivy by Ford is normal, and I have been telling you guys that Ford just don't care about there products. You have to die or kill someone with the Bullitt before Ford take any kind of action. Its sad that Ford really feels this way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts