Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just puchased Bullitt 1418. The dealership pasted their dealer sticker on the trunk just above the "BULLITT" name plate. The decal is a thick plastic type with an adheasive backing. I would like to remove it since it is crooked and takes away from the appearance of the back of the car. I don't want to ask the dealer how to take it off and risk offending them.

Any tips to get it off without damaging the paint or the Bullitt decal directly below it?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I heated it up, and carefully removed it. Then I used goo-gone to get the sticky stuff off.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
A hair dryer and dental floss.

Who ever worried about offending the dealer? I'd send them a bill for the dealer advert they stuck on the car.

The bad ones are the tags that are pop-riveted on.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-04-01 13:54, JayP wrote:
The bad ones are the tags that are pop-riveted on.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd like to pop rivet one on any dealer's forehead who shows such low class.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-04-01 14:10, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
I'd like to pop rivet one on any dealer's forehead who shows such low class.

This place is a used car dealer here in DFW. CHACON MOTORS. Pop riveted on in 2 places. I've seen dozens of them... and not a one was ever straight.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I HAD SAME SITUATION. USE GOO GONE. IT WILL SAFELY REMOVE ALL GLUE RESIDUE. THE DEALERS SHOULD PAY US FOR ADVERTISEMENT IF THEY PUT THEM ON. GOOD LUCK

JB

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
On 2002-04-01 13:54, JayP wrote:

Who ever worried about offending the dealer? I'd send them a bill for the dealer advert they stuck on the car.

Funny you said that. Every car I buy, I inform the salesman that I charge $1500 a year advertising fee if they want their name on MY car, and I keep my cars an average of 8-10 years. So far, no dealer adverts......

·
Registered
584 Posts
I had the dealy remove it from mine. First all they did was pull it off and it still had the sticky stuff left. So I turned around and told them now clean off the sticky stuff. It took me a while to notice (Bullitt685 pointed it out) that I had a T missing from the Bullit.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I bought a new 85 Monte Carlo SS and told the dealer not to even think about putting that crap on it. But when they finished detailing it some idoit put one on anyway. I told the guy to take it off and he said bring it in next week and the body shop would remove it. I said take it off now or you can keep the damn thing and don't even think about messing up the paint or you can keep it too. About 3 hours later my car came back with out the sticker or damage to the finish. Tell the dealer to remove it, if they damage the car make them paint it!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the advice. Sounds like hair dryer and dental floss it is.

Problem is that the dealership is about 2 hours from home. I didn't notice the stupid thing until I got home.

I also have the attitude "if you want something done right...."

Type "A" control freak I have been told.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It worked!

Hair dryer, dental floss and baby oil to take off the sticky residue.

This forum is a fantastic resource.

Thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Don't put the hair dryer away yet, you still have those butt ugly bright yellow airbag warning labels on the sun visors. You can put away the dental floss though. Cheers!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hair dryer again? Really?

Is there no sticky residue left over that will attract dirt and leave a dark rectangular stain?

Please tell me more!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just removed the dealer decal on the back...used the hair dryer /dental floss tip ...Thanks guys :-B
was easy, only took a few minutes. Now thinkin of trying the safety decals on the visor next.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts