Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I watched the episodes of Celebrity Rides on the Motortrend app again last night. They were the episodes of Gateway Classic Mustangs building a 68 Bullitt Mustang for Chad McQueen.
They mentioned numerous times about the original Bullitt Mustang not having any badges/emblems.
Has anybody removed their badges, GT, BULLITT letters, Ford emblem...?Did you like it afterwards? Do you think it would devalue a Bullitt?

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
I did a little research and supposedly the GT badges on the fenders and the Ford emblem on the trunk lid have locating holes behind them. So basically the only emblem(s) I would be able to remove without any hidden hole issues would the the BULLITT letters on the trunk lid?
馃.....馃槨

Premium Member
My grill pony is no longer chrome, My trunk badge is covered in a carbon insert with my production number on it. Nothing on my car says Mustang, or F*ord. My rear bumper was replaced with a Cobra bumper with the COBRA filled in.

Registered
I removed the GT badges and replaced them with the tri-bar running pony emblems.

Car Whisperer
you are correct, only the Bullitt letters have no holes behind them, so body work would have to be done to fill them if you don't put something over them.

Administrator
One of the '01s I profiled in my book Mustang Bullitt - Generations had the GT and Bullitt badges removed. It looks cleaner, and I liked it. However, if you are trying to sell your debadged Bullitt, you might run into those who want it more stock, now that these cars are approaching their 20th year.

Registered
Very nice. Where did you get the Pony emblems and were the GT ones difficult to remove? I have read using fishing line or similar is a way to remove them. Like other owners of the '01, I sure wish Ford would have left those panels blank.

Car Whisperer
I don't believe they ever made a fender that didn't have holes in it for the new edge cars.

Registered
I replaced my GT emblems with the Tri-bar Mustang emblem off of the V-6 models.
I chose the V-6 emblem because the location and emblem are similar to what was on the front fenders of the original 1st generation Mustang.

I used dental floss and a hair dryer to get the old emblems off, cleaned up the residue with 3M adhesive remover, and stuck the new emblems on using the original locator holes in the fenders.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts