·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you put on the car?

They are as personal as any mod or improvement and may tell more about you than
other things you do to the car.

I'll start:

Windows - front- IMBOC - everybody should have this one!
Mustang Club of America - I support what they do
Mid Florida Mustang Club logo - member for 12 years
side - totalmustangsupply.com - my friend owns the company
rear - SOCAL Speed Shop - I am a motorhead from wayback

Engine - small K&N and MDS decals on fenderwells

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
1. "Bullitt" windshield decal
2. IMBOC static stickers
3. "Toyo Tires" decal on backseat windows (part of Toyo Tire vendor display at Milan Dragway in Michigan. These will be removed at the end of summer '07.
4. "MRT Racing Technology" badge on rear deck above the Ford blue oval badge.
5. 4.6HP badging in place of "GT" badging
6. Three bullet holes: 2 on rear and 1 window hole on passenger side window.

All of these didn't affect car shows or judging. Multiple 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishes in various car shows culminating with "Best in Show" award from the Director, Mustang Owners Club of Southeast Michigan last September. Pulled out of the most recent car show to appear as main car in Toyo Tires vendor display at Milan Dragway two weekends ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
Just the static "IMBOC" sticker in the windsheild.

Debating on whether or not to put my www.stlmustangs.com sticker on the rear or not.

I really like plain cars so I even had the dealer take their decal off the decklid :D

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
All have is a Vortech decal above the Bullitt badge on the trunk lid.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
none :cool:

why? looks good that way :cool:
Don't need a Bullitt sticker anywhere else on the car. If a person cares, they know it is. Same with MUSTANG, SCION, GTO, TOYOTA, CAMARO, etc accross the windshield, sides, rear glass, etc. I just don't get it :D lol

I do have an IMBOC circular sticker that is on the front corner of the windshield. I need to get it back up there, took it down for crappy inspection stickers. I miss OK for that reason :(

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
1. Original IMBOC static sticker.
2. Fraternal Order of Police adhesive sticker.
3. IMBOC Police Vehicles static sticker.

Note: I should probably remove the FOP sticker since I'm no longer a sworn Police Officer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Mustang Club of America and 2 IMBOC Stickers... all put on by previous owner:lol: i did remove a Diablo Sport Tune windshield sticker a couple of days ago. I am looking into gettin a decal made across the top of my rear window with "Bullitt 00648" I think that would look sweet.
I also saw some raised decals for "Mustang" in the rear bumper at nationals. I forgot whose car it was on but i remember i was really interested in getting the raised, more durable decals in black instead of the flimsy vinyl stickers. I just noticed that they were on the car parked next to me in my sig. The bullitt with the 32 valve Cobra engine... i dont remember hid IMBOC name or real name but if anyone knows where to get the raised decals please inform me...

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Jeez. Mine had the following on the rear 1/4 windows:
1) Maximum Motorsport
2) Superchips
3) Hotchkis
4) Bassani
5) Densecharger

Looked good to me, as they were placed on there nicely and straight. Plus I like it showed that it wasnt your run of the mill stock car. Not ricer ish IMO.

My favorite one tho:
Island Dragway 100 MPH Club
Its only given out to cars which surpass 100mph in the 1/4 mile. Theres also 110, 120,130, ect.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
two IMBOC static stickers on the windshield at the bottom. and two vortech stickers, 1 on each quarter window. i dont like putting stickers on the paint.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is great - at least two are going to put on their IMBOC stickers.

How many of you have them sitting in a desk drawer?

BTW lets include emblems and decals.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BullittStang13 said:
My favorite one tho:
Island Dragway 100 MPH Club
Its only given out to cars which surpass 100mph in the 1/4 mile. Theres also 110, 120,130, ect.
Do you mean Island Dragway in Great Meadows NJ ?

I ran there in the 60's.

I mean the decade - not my speed!

Is it still open ?

What memories! [ 16.25 ET at 88 MPH in a mostly stock Mercury}

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
FCMCBULLITT said:
This is great - at least two are going to put on their IMBOC stickers.

How many of you have them sitting in a desk drawer?

BTW lets include emblems and decals.

I try to have as little as possible.

I may have added the Vortech stickers but i removed the front grill horse, and painted the gt symbols black because it would cost too much to take them off and fil in the holes at this moment. im going to remove the ford oval on the truck and have the Bullitt lettering painted black as well.

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
FCMCBULLITT said:
...BTW lets include emblems and decals.
What about chrome naked lady mud flap emblems? Do they count? :shock:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Just the IMBOC static on the windshield, the "Supercharged" emblem on the rear panel by the Bullitt emblem, and the "4.6 H.P." emblems in place of the GT stock emblems. I've never been a fan of aftermarket decals on any of my cars, I've always preferred to let people wonder what lurks under the hood & undercarriage....John R :wink:

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
FCMCBULLITT said:
Do you mean Island Dragway in Great Meadows NJ ?

I ran there in the 60's.

I mean the decade - not my speed!

Is it still open ?

What memories! [ 16.25 ET at 88 MPH in a mostly stock Mercury}

Yep its still open. A nice lil drive down through washington twp. to get there. Its a nice track still. Friendly people, and the staff is great. Track prep can be iffy some times, and it seems the real big dogs go down to Englishtown. But I like island just fine, and their prices are great.
www.islanddragway.com I think is the www.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Two IMBOC static stickers on front windshield and VORTECH sticker on rear window.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BullittStang13 said:
Yep its still open. A nice lil drive down through washington twp. to get there. Its a nice track still. Friendly people, and the staff is great. Track prep can be iffy some times, and it seems the real big dogs go down to Englishtown. But I like island just fine, and their prices are great.
www.islanddragway.com I think is the www.

Thanks for the link.

I saw Don Garlits establish the NHRA official 200MPH mark for Top Fuel on that track - August, 1964 in Swamp Rat VI.

I was honored to run on the same track that day.
I was just a kid with $20 in my pocket and a dream of racing - also a prayer I'd be able to drive the car the 75 miles home.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts