Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where one could aquire some d/d 17" wheels the same color as the originals? 1860 is about due for some new tires so I figured I may as well get a bit more traction while Im at it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm sure you've done some homework on this, but I've never seen them
advertised that I can recall. if they're out there I sure someone will
chime in.
I like the idea myself.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
If you can get a set of '03+ Bullitt rims cheap,the Replicas match those the best.I did the same,i already had the Bullitt rims,and just got a set of the Replicas D/D for the rears.The only thing is the polished lip on the stockers aren't as bright as the Replicas.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Otis said:
Anybody know where one could aquire some d/d 17" wheels the same color as the originals? 1860 is about due for some new tires so I figured I may as well get a bit more traction while Im at it.
I think that most of the aftermarket Bullitt wheels are a tad darker and have a bit more metallic in the paint than the original wheels. The difference is not huge and if you dont have O.C.D. it would probably be okay for you. If you buy the rears and decide the difference is just too much then you could always just go ahead and but the 2 fronts as well. If you do replace all 4 wheels and decide to sell your wheels you would be popular I think as many who have bought used Bullitts with aftermarket wheels may want to have a set of original wheels for their cars. If you plan on keeping your car long term then I'd hang on to the original wheels even if you take them off the car. I bought 18" DD wheels from American Muscle, here is a link.....http://www.americanmuscle.com/99-04-mustang-wheels-rims.html

Hope this helps...John R

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Personally I find the difference pretty extreme. You can notice it far away and even more up close. The aftermarket uses a small metallic flake dark gray, while ours area large mettalic flake light grey. No way would I run stockers + DD rear. Plus the fronts sit in, rears sit basically flush, so it looks a little odd IMHO. End of the world? no, it still looks decent enough to get by I suppose.

As noted the 03+ wheels match much more closely to the DD, but then you might as well just get the aftermarket 17x9 and be done with it. Fit better, look better, and match better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts