Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering which company makes the best DD Bullitts that match perfectly to the stock ones. I want to keep my stock 17x8s up front and run a DD 17x10.5 in the rear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I'm pretty sure that all the newer deep dish wheels, regardless of size are a bit darker than your original wheels. To be sure of a good match you may want to just buy a set of 4 wheels with tires and be done with it. Besides, for what you paid for your car, you should have some extra cash to spend on stuff now anyway lol...
Kidding aside, I'm pretty sure you will see a shade of difference if you just buy 2 wheels for the rear. For about $1100.00 you could get a set of 4 17" wheels & tires and just keep your increasingly hard to find original wheels safe & sound...Food for thought...John R

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Problem is Wheel Replica's are on hold until the America Racing law suite is settled and according the Scott Hogg of MRT they should be begin sold again shortly

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Jimmy Ray said:
Problem is Wheel Replica's are on hold until the America Racing law suite is settled and according the Scott Hogg of MRT they should be begin sold again shortly
I think American Muscle has them now, I just got my 18x10's about a week ago and when I ordered them they said they had got a shipment including 17" anthracites also....John R

I'm an idiot, I got mine from Late Model Resto, disregard on American Muscle though they may also have them....

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
American Racing has withdrawn their lawsuit.

You should be able to purchase them (and other flavors) from most dealers.

·
Registered
494 Posts
the 03-04 Bullitt are a very close match to the DD. That's what I have done. No one can seem to see.

Chad

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
17x8s with 10.5s look like crap IMHO
the fronts sit in to much at that point.

and none of ones out on the market match the old ones. They are all darker. As M1 Tanker notes though, the 03-04 Bullitts (Ford switched suppliers IIRC) are a darker color and a much closer match.

Still though, I would never cheapen out and just get the rears. I would for sure get a whole set as it just looks so much better having good offset and fatter rubber ;)

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
All aftermarket anthracite wheels are slightly darker than the OEM's. You will be much happier spending the money and getting the 18x9s up front matched with the DD 18x10s in the rear. This is what I went with and have no regrets. See sig and matching tire.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Ezekial said:
17x8s with 10.5s look like crap IMHO
the fronts sit in to much at that point.
i kind of agree with him. i do not think it looks like crap but a bigger size such as 17x9 would look a lot better imho

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts