Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, long story short, I had to move my car out of my apartments parking lot because it's only 1 car per apartment, and my mom already has the spot. The parking lot is a decent size, but the path to exit is barely wider than any car, just giving you enough room to drive straight. I was turning left, but a close left because there was a car not allowing me to make a wider turn, and there was a pole that I hit the left side of my car with. It scratched the bottom of my driver door, it's maybe 2 inches long, but where it really shows it's about 1 inch. I'll post a picture later because the car's outside right now, unless I can go across the street to take the picture. Anyway, what would be the best solution to fix it? As the topic says, it's down to the primer. Should I take the car to a Ford body shop? That's what I wanna do, but are they gonna repaint the whole door? It also made a tiny scratch right where the door closes.

[EDIT]

Well, I found a picture of a Bullitt with a closeup of the driver door, I'll Photoshop that real quick to show you what it roughly looks like.

The thick red spot going horizontal is where most of the damage is seen, as where it goes up and down. Right before the thick red smudge on the door is where it's a lighter scratch.

Yeah, I took the picture from Fuel Slut.com.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
The previous owner of 1152 did some touch up with a bottle of DHG they bought from the dealers part dept. It's the inexpensive way to repair a scratch. Is it perfect? No, but it gets the job done. The stone chips above the belt are obvious if your looking for them. Below the belt they are not something you can miss if your looking for them and know where they are. Make your own choice. But on a dark car, below the belt I would try the bottle and do it yourself. You got money for perfection, and like it that way. Go to a body shop and be prepared to hand over some $$$.:shock:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Dizzy her is what I would try: go to a crafts store and buy a couple of packages of micro brushes. http://www.microbrush.com/hobby/products/microbrush/index.asp
Use these to apply the touch up paint. Just add the paint a little at a time. I will not be perfect, but will make it look better. Apply thin coats each time. The picture on the web site makes them look large, but the tip is very small. I use the super fine tips, these are not what we typically think brushes are. To me they are not a brush, kinda like a one ended q-tip with a tiny area for paint.

·
Registered
937 Posts
A good paint shop can blend it out perfectly with partial painting. Thats what I recommend.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Langka Is not for lacquer paints.

It probably won't work with our touch up as it is lacquer.

Note: The Blob Eliminator is not recommended for lacquer painted surfaces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts