Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 DHG K4272
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THANK YOU Ford for fog lamps and Brembo brakes!! The first time I drive the car after dark (go figure), I was checking out how the different lights did and the fog lamps saved the Bullitt! If I had not had them on, I would not have seen that stupid deer in time! They light up the sides of the road. Gave me just enough time to stop with only feet to spare. From now on, country road, dark, fog lamps are ON.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
We have deer and moose up here and they are not very bright. If you see one deer there are probably two more behind that one. Good lights a must, don't drive the Bullit after dark.

·
Administrator
6,530 Posts
Thanks for the real-wrold report of the fog listh use. I honestly have never had them on in the 3 years I've owned my '19. Glad to know the brakes and those ligths saved the day!

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
19 DHG K4272
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two of the areas largest cruise ins last till well after dark, and it's all back roads home. Used them again, and they didn't seem to bother oncoming drivers. I'm starting to think deer are suicidal!

·
Registered
19 DHG K4272
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to think the best defense against deer was a loud exhaust. It has worked on all my other vehicles. Sometimes, you could see them just stop and look at me. But I had the Bullitt's exhaust in track, and she still just walked into the road. Bullitt hating deer?

·
Registered
19 DHG K4272
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, by the way. Tony, for shows I put your article in Mustang Times about your Bullitts in the car with the dvd case of the movie. Really cool reactions!

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Yep...the ditch rats are out in full force. Took out the front/Right edge of my new 2018 Colorado 5-months after I bought it ($2300 damage). I have LED everything & peer into the distance @ night trying to spot those little b's.

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
Registered
2019 K5624
19 Posts
Two of the areas largest cruise ins last till well after dark, and it's all back roads home. Used them again, and they didn't seem to bother oncoming drivers. I'm starting to think deer are suicidal!
Deer ARE suicidal and they do it in herds. We lived in an area heavy with deer and you might miss the first one, but there's always one right behind it trying to go down and take everyone with it. People would total cars by hitting them or hitting something else trying to avoid them.

But best story I heard was a friend was driving his GT at night many years ago and a herd of HORSES ran across the road. Totaled the car and 1 horse and sent him and 2 horses to the hospital. Several more walked away.

So, if there's light to be had, I'm using it.

·
Registered
2019 K5624
19 Posts
I used to think the best defense against deer was a loud exhaust. It has worked on all my other vehicles. Sometimes, you could see them just stop and look at me. But I had the Bullitt's exhaust in track, and she still just walked into the road. Bullitt hating deer?
They hate all cars equally. They're just giant dumb squirrels that can cause way more damage. I started to believe in deer hunting after one took off the front fascia of my brand new Pontiac Grand Prix many years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts