Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or do you guys experience this also....I'm always pushing Ford and stick up for them, but my friends and even my fiance think imports.....I showed Kim a new Ford Fusion at a car show recently and she said she would rather buy a Toyota Camry...Two of my friends had bought imports, one bought a Scion coupe and the other one bought an Infinti G35...One friend did buy a Hummer H2 but got a family discount in purchasing it...Maybe its a SoCal thing, we are the import capital of the world....Yes,I do own a Mazda also, but I'm just venting.....

·
Registered
967 Posts
i feel the same way. None of my friends think mustangs are very fast. they are always shocked when i tell them how fast my families mustangs are. they think imports are untouchable. I find unless it is a big truck people here in so cal think imports are better than ford.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I belong to Ford Truck Enthusiasts as well as IMBOC. Most people on that site think that anyone that buys foriegn is just kidding themselves, paying more money for less product, and getting a marque on the front end. It has crossed my mind they are getting something else on the backend of the deal. But I won't discuss it further here. I prefer to think that they are suffering from the malaise known to professional personnel as analretinaloculitis.:shock:

See: http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146352

That is all.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Its a carry over from the 70s when Honda and Toyota were making cars which were far superior to the tin cans we were putting out. We have since caught up with the perceived quality thing. I think one of the new Ford sedans was rated higher than Toyota this last year.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Doc Coffin said:
Its a carry over from the 70s when Honda and Toyota were making cars which were far superior to the tin cans we were putting out. We have since caught up with the perceived quality thing. I thing one of the new Ford sedans was rated higher than Toyota this last year.
Two! Fusion and Five Hundred. And the Five Hundred is the new Taurus. Which is much improved and has higher (Initial Quality) ratings than the old Five Hundred...:cool:

BTW, I had a 76 Toy Celica GT (the wanna be 69 Mustang Sportsroof). I kept it for about a week. Hasta No Vista Toyota! I got rid of that little bomb real quick. Thought that I was moving up in the world and got a Mercedes 280 SEL. Hanger Queens, both of them. But I kept the Mercedes because it had soul! It was a POS, but drove great. Esp. on the autobahn.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I had Porsches (a far superior car but, I can buy 3 Mustangs for the price of one) and my wife had Hondas. No compaints on either side. Having said that, she just bought a `07 Honda CRV with voice recognition for the climate control and GPS. Whatever she says it gives her EM radio. Oh, and the remote locking system sometimes decides not to work. Its going back to Honda to have it checked out on Saturday with under 400 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The Ford Fusion is built in Mexico. The Camry is built in a factory in the United States. So who are you supporting more? I personally only buy American cars. I prefer to support American workers but I don't think buying a foreign car built in the U.S. is that bad. I currently have a 2007 Ford Mustang GT CV and a 2006 Ford F150. They're both excellent vehicles. My Mustang CV is one of the finest cars I've ever owned in my life and I have owned a lot of cars.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
barry bullitt said:
The Ford Fusion is built in Mexico. The Camry is built in a factory in the United States. So who are you supporting more? I personally only buy American cars. I prefer to support American workers but I don't think buying a foreign car built in the U.S. is that bad. I currently have a 2007 Ford Mustang GT CV and a 2006 Ford F150. They're both excellent vehicles. My Mustang CV is one of the finest cars I've ever owned in my life and I have owned a lot of cars.
Your right about the build local. Hyundia's are built in USA, doesn't mean I want one. The new Sonata is right up there with the Accord in size and build quality. Still won't buy one. It's a foriegn car company. They claim 100% local content too! I'll buy a Ford or GM. Chrysler may get back on my list if they keep it going. Right now there are some rumors already about selling part of it to the Indians and part of it to someone else. Maybe Ford could trade the LR company for Jeep, or talk BMW into a complete refund! :lol:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
My cousin, who surprisingly has had Ford pickups for a few years now (always GM before that) bought a new Toyota Tundra over a Ford. He ooohhhss and aaahhhss how good it is. I don't care if it's made in my backyard, considering they couldn't hire me to go to work for them (an age thing I found out later, but they won't admit that,) I wouldn't own one. I'm old school as well and fairly brand loyal. I have to admit, I wasn't real impressed with what the American manufacturers had to offer in the '80s, but I never really liked the imports over them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts