Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard they are putting deleted side scoops on the 6 cylinder from 3 different magazines,then i have heard they are not going too. does anyone know what is the deal is?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I just read in the latest issue of 5.0 (january 2002-page 25), the V-6's will the get a new hood and the BULLITT! side scoops...This really p*ssed me off. I hope this article is wrong. First KarKraft and now this....aaarrrrrrrrggg! So much for having a unique mustang. Now the BULLITT's maybe mistaken for V-6's or the opposite...it sucks. I hope '5.0' mag. is wrong.

·
Registered
596 Posts
So let them make the mistake. Then punch it and watch their mouths drop. Aint nothing like the real deal! I don't pay much attetion to possers and wanna-bes. I'd just make them green with envy. Wanting and never having must suck.

·
Registered
650 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-15 20:17, Bullitt4075 wrote:
So let them make the mistake. Then punch it and watch their mouths drop. Aint nothing like the real deal! I don't pay much attetion to possers and wanna-bes. I'd just make them green with envy. Wanting and never having must suck.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Good point! That's more or less what my brother said. He's got a 2001 COBRA. He has seen his fair share of posers. It still bothers me. But, now I know what to do when I see a poser..............STOMP ON IT...

TAKE IT EASY........

·
Registered
630 Posts
I read they were going to put them on the 2002 GT's. Then Ford decided to keep them unique to the Bullitt. I was happy about this. I saw the 2002 GT on MSN's Car Point and they confirmed this verbally and had a picture. I haven't heard anything about them being on the V6 cars until now. MSN did say Ford would keep it unique to the Bullitt.
However, you can still aquire them. A place called California Mustangs sells them unpainted for 54.95 ea along with other Bullitt pieces. Also, as of yet, you can't get the rocker sills that are unique to the Bullitt. Heck, Ford could hardly get them to replace mine.
We have Bullitts, the real deal. Take satisfaction in that. We have a limited production run car, something I thought I would never have. Can't be fully copied and good luck copying those C-pillars. I have fun sharing it with others, whoever they may be. =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BB00797 on 2001-11-16 07:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
152 Posts
Can't really blame the magazines for getting it wrong. In the now infamous "Twin Tower" brochure from Ford for the '02 Mustang it states the V6 cars will have the modified (Bullitt style) side scoops. If you stop by your local Ford dealership you will see that the side scoops are the same as they have been since '99. Ford changed their minds I guess.

Moral of the story, don't believe everything you read. Especially in car magazines.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Either way, this is one reason why I'm glad I got DHG. It would be expensive as hell to duplicate that.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I hate to break this to you #797, but Haney is selling the Bullitt rockers for $168...this pic is from their site:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does it bother anyone else that the hood on the 2002 GT is the same as ours and the BULLITT wheels come with the 2002 "Premium" GT? I thought these were going to be unique to the BULLITT.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Haney has the rocker sills? Bummer =( It took Ford over a month to get them for my car. Funny Haney has a part that Ford has a problem assuming (according to them). Are they the original supplier?
Never heard of Haney, could you post the Link? I love this site, thanks all!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Please don't misunderstand. I just have the rockers on my site because I get a pretty good discount from FORD. If Someone needs them I can get them (I Think..) I don't carry them in stock and I have not sold any yet. I just don't want anyone to think I have them in stock and a Bullitt Owner can't get them from there dealer.

Pat Haney

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Haneymotorsport on 2001-11-17 11:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for setting me straight Dennis. Crap..now I have to find something else to be p*ssed about. :lol: Off to BON.

·
Registered
222 Posts
What side scoops!!!!!
My Black Bullitt #3667 did not come with
side scoops..
Another FORD [email protected]%&!up......

Does anybody have pictures of your side scoops? I would like to see what I did not get...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Steeda Bullitt, Bullitt Mustangs have whats considered "side scoop deletes". So if you don't have the side scoops, thats a good thing as the standard GT's stick out. Looking at the quarter panel, above your new side exhaust you will see it is smooth, with a small flare. They blend in with the side of the car much better than the GT side scoops. Sorry, don't know how to post pics yet but you will see what I mean.
Hope I helped more than I confused and thanks Dennis for the link.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BB00797 on 2001-11-18 07:06 ]</font>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts