Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a densecharger unit installed this week and I'm experiencing a rattling noise when excellerating in 1st, 2nd and sometimes in 3rd gear. Has anyone else found this? It doesn't seem to effect the performance and disappears after about 2800 rpms, but it is annoying. Haven't noticed anything loose from the installation. Any thoughts on what might be the cause? Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
Bullitt51, I assume you used all the screws provided and installed the filter in the down position. I would stick your head under the car and grab the filter in the fenderwell to see if there is any wiggle to it. Also make sure it is not touching any sheet metal.

·
Registered
152 Posts
did you put the little piece of velcro on the a/c line. i am willing to bet that is your problem if you didnt install that.

laterz

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm sorry that I didn't answer your post sooner. I haven't checked the board in a couple of days.
The plastic will compress a little where the bolts mount the flanged pipe to the MAF meter. I use the permatex to avoid any leaks at the meter. If the bolts are loose retighten them. You should only have to do this once. If it's not one of the bolts or the meter touching the A/C line the only thing left to check is whether the filter is bumping against anything. Please let me know if this persists.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be checking them out weds. when I have some time and let you know if it gets corrected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts