Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! Desperateley wanting to find either new rear lights that have a "blacked out" look, a smoked or black lense cover, or a kit that can "smoke" my tail lights. I don't want a differnt style of light. I just want them darker. I purchased a set of "black smoked" tail ligths off internet, but when they arrived they had that gross "rice rocket" style crystal bulb lenses w/a black plastic backing & a clear front lense. I sent them back & they charged me $30 for a re-stock fee + I had to pay all shipping! What a rip off!!!! Can anyone here help me?
Teri

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
I have a like / new pair of OEM rear taillights if you are interested....you can get em smoked / tinted and still retain your original set
mark

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hi Teri,

I bought a set of smoked taillights and didn't really like them. They are basically new and sitting in a box in my garage. I paid 247.00 w/Shipping, I let you have them for 200.00 Shipped to you...

Frank

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I got a kit from this outfit, it comes with 6 precut sections for each taillight lens section. It is similar to 3M's clear bra material, except thicker and tinted. It is applied just like a clear bra, which means it's a bit of a pain to put on, but the end result looks pretty good. From what I can tell from photos it is not as dark as the painted taillights you can buy from various places, which means less likely to attract the attention of the police.

http://www.fordpower.net/store/customer/product.php?productid=17&cat=&page=

And if anyone wonders about just using window tint, I thought of that also, but all the window tint I could find had a warning that the adhesive could cloud plastics and should only be used on glass.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW! You guys are great! Thanks so much for all your help, I've decided to go with the lense film from Ford. I've been searching for a month, I should've asked IMBOC to begin with! Thanks again guys!!!!
Teri

·
Registered
67 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts