Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always tried to "debadge" my vehicles as much as possible -- removing dealer tags, fender badges, decals, etc. In recent years many of my cars have had badges that are glued on -- making the process relatively simple. However, my Ford pickup still has the fender emblems mounted with a pin through the sheetmetal. Is this going to be the case with the GT fender badges and the blue oval on the back?

Also,as I've always had this "thing" about functionality -- the Fake hood scoop really bugs me ... How tough would it be to have the scoop removed? ... Would that destroy the cars looks? .... Is there any practicality in trying to make the scoop functional?

thanks for letting me "ponder"
tom

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The "GT" emblems are not just glued on, the actually have a hole (maybe 2) in the fender to keep em on....

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
In the total other direction, I was considering acquiring a couple extra "BULLITT" rear emblems and applying them over the "GT" emblems on the side.
Just in case there was any doubt what they were puling up next to.....

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Tom,

I've heard on this site that the GT fender badges have holes behind them. I don't know about the blue oval. The Bullitt badge has adhesive on it but that's the one to leave on.

As far as the hood scoop. It has 11 holes for the fasteners holding it on.

For the money you'd spend fixing the holes and repainting you might want to get a Saleen 281 SC ($799) or cobra hood ($499) and paint it to match your car.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Considering I bought my Bullitt for it's subtlety, I am considering having the GT emblems painted DHG to match the car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tom,

as people have said, there are holes behind both the fender GT emblems, and the trunklid Ford badge.

As to the Hood scoop, there are actually a couple of kits out there to make your hood scoop functional. the one from Kar Kraft comes to mind (IIRC of course :grin:) the other option, would be to get a Cobra hood and have it painted to match the car. You really can't just remove the hood scoop, because it will end up looking like a base V6 hood, only with a bunch of extra holes.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Why not add fender-skirts and a whip antenna. :lol: Seriously, I am going to leave my Bullitt pretty much as it came from the factory. I guess I just love it the way it is. Each to their own and no matter what other people do to them, they are still a great car, right?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Like yourself, I don't like the GT badge. But, considering this is a limited edition car, you might really regret altering it from stock. I'm leaving mine stock (looking at least).

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't mind the badges on the car. It's not like they're all that loud and blaring. Besides I like it. I had a few V6 guys try to race me thinking they were going up against "a GT knock-off" some of these kids don't really know what they're going up against. So when I leave them there they're always dumbfound. I love the subtle look of the car.

·
Registered
309 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-25 00:01, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
I love my big fat hood scoop. It makes me feel like I'm John Force! :-B
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Do your tires make you feel like John Force too, or is there still some rubber left on them? :wink: :grin:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,051 Posts
Well, the last time I saw Nasty Bob's tires on #169 they looked like they had a little life left in them! I bet it all depends on how often the kid is in the driver's seat of how soon Bob gets new tires! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts