Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how effective they are and what the intended purposes are? My problem is, I'm a rain magnet. We have had no rain in a couple of weeks with bright sunny beautiful days so I decided to wash the Bullitt Sunday. Less than 2 hours later it gets dark and rains. This happens everytime I wash a vehicle. My car looks better now even after the rain than it did before I washed it, so will the detailing spray work to get rid of the dirty water spots, or do I need to re wash it and hope it doesn't rain again? It doesn't look that bad, there's not many water spots to my surprise, but I can see the dirt in the water spots.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it rained well into the night, so.... so much for that. And it's been threatening to rain for the past two days. Real overcast, so not gonna chance it. Also I'm concerned about the dirt from the rain water scratching the paint. Thanks though, I need to get some detailing spray even for days that it doesn't rain because there's always some random water spot or streak from one of the many seams that water hides in until you go inside.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I think it is always best to use the detailing spray on the car only if it is really clean. I guess some may feel differently but just seems like to me that if the car is clean you won't scratch the paint. I have tried several different detailing sprays and have found Zymol to be very very good. I have been buying it at Odd Lots for $2.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Before I use any type of detailing spray, I always go over the car with a body duster. If the car is dirty at all, I will wash the car. My detailing spray of choice is the new Ultimate Quick Detailer by Meguiar's. One of the best car products I have ever purchased, hands down.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Like Dennisbaker said the detail should be applied to a clean car, if it is just dusty use a car duster then the detail spray. I have found Speed Shine from Griot's Garage works best for me.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I have done this. Just use plenty of spray and a clean soft cloth. Wipe very gently and then respray and wipe again with another clean soft cloth. I don't do this very often, but I have the same problem you have... only rains within 24 hours of washing the car. After the car is dirty, it won't rain again for a good long time. BTW, those dive bombing birds LOVE clean cars! I use the same method for wiping that off too.

Steve

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
4fit? said:
Before I use any type of detailing spray, I always go over the car with a body duster. If the car is dirty at all, I will wash the car. My detailing spray of choice is the new Ultimate Quick Detailer by Meguiar's. One of the best car products I have ever purchased, hands down.
+1!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live near a dirt road and no garage, so I have to wash mine. It's a daily driver also, so that doesn't help either. I feel bad for the Bullitt, it deserves better.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Detailers will "clean" a car of water marks.

You could also purchase the CA Jelly Blade that will wipe a car dry in about 10 minutes. If your car starts out clean, and it gets rained on, use the Jelly Blade. The only caution is there can be no dirt or sand particles in the water or on the car, although I don't know how one can guarantee that.

I only use the CA duster and Meguiars Detailer to maintain the shine between NXT Tech Wax applications. If it rains, I add the Jelly Blade to my routine.

As an FYI, 2679 is a show car.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I us X bead formula 113 detailing spray and yeas get water spots off car, I hardly ever wash my car just dust and detail..... Because it hardly gets dirty setting in the barn under a cover and in bag

1 - 14 of 14 Posts