Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, at the past couple Bullitt meets we talked about getting together to take the CHL class with Stacy. I talked to the guy about a class. The best date appears to be February 2. You need to email me so I can let him know how many are coming ([email protected]). The class is near I-30 between Arlington and Ft. Worth and begins at 9:00am. The cost of the class is $99 cash per student. You will also need to bring a semi-auto pistol and a box of ammo for it. If you don't have one I have several that I can loan you or you can rent one at the range. The range fee is about $15 plus the cost of a rental if you need one. The instructor's website is not very good, but is located at http://chltx.com/

If you are under 60 years of age then the license from the state is $140 and is good for just under 5 years. If you are over 60 then I think that the license is only $70. Vets may also have a discount, but I’m not sure. This is in addition to the cost of the class. It is recommended that you go ahead and file with the state a couple of weeks before you take the class to speed up the processing, but you can actually wait up to 6 months after taking the class to file with the state. The state website DOES accept credit cards.

The state website is located here.

I know that several of you have expressed an interest, but anyone over 21 is welcome. Stacy, Terry, Jack, and Mike F. have all committed to take the class. If we get enough people he may even give us a private class of just Bullittheads! It would make for a great caravan to the range!
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->Anyway, let me know if you want to do it with the rest of us.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DavidMidgley said:
Too much on my plate now...
I understand. I also knew that you were not that interested either. Of course at this rate you will be the only DFW Bullitthead not packing to the meets! :D

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
You can carry a revolver if that's what you want to do.......

If you qualify with a Semi-Auto, you will be issued a license that allows you to carry a Semi-Auto AND/OR a Revolver........

If you qualify with a Revolver, then you license will be good ONLY for a Revolver.

So, now you see why most peeps qualify with a Semi-Auto and they can then carry whatever they want.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wildman said:
Dee

Are you going shooting tomorrow after the meet? Molly and I will. I think we are in for the class.
If you guys want to. I don't care either way. I'll bring my guns and be ready for whatever we decide.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Just a note ... It sure is nice and a relief to see folks exercising and therefore protecting their 2nd. Amendment rights ~ !!!:badgrin:

Going for target shooting after a car meet ... THAT is BROTHERHOOD ... I sure wish we could all get together like that in Houston.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Once you get rid of Rosenthal you will be able to do the same thing!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wildman said:
Dee

Are you going shooting tomorrow after the meet? Molly and I will. I think we are in for the class.
I'll bring my guns and anyone that wants to shoot them is welcome to, but you should bring some ammo. At $10/box at Wal-mart or $25/box at the range I can't afford to supply ammo for everyone. I'll be bringing some .45s and Stacy's 9mm.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
Once you get rid of Rosenthal you will be able to do the same thing!
ROFLMAO ... Yall heard about that huh ... ???

What's the old Native American saying; "Life's a C-I-R-C-L-E" ... (???)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts