1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From Jack,
Jack Matthews said:

All,
On Saturday, May 9, 2009 at 11:00 AM, we will have our monthly meeting at Twin Peaks in the Town East area.
Directions are as follows --

from Arlington area, East on I-20 toward Shreveport taking the I-635 "Y" from the right 3 lanes of freeway at Balch Springs toward Mesquite. Exit at Town East Blvd, making a U-turn at the light. Pass the Ford dealer and make a right at Town Center for a short block, and left on Mesquite School (in front of Home Depot),drive to Twin Peaks on the left.

From Farmers Branch area, I-635 East, exit at Town Center Blvd at the

Ford Dealer and follow directions above.

Email me if you are coming to Mesquite from any other direction and need help in getting to Twin Peaks. Thanks to all for having a GTG on my side of town!

Jack

Post up if you will be there.

ATTENDEES
Jack5111
1051 bullitt
avicus
Bullitt2242
David Midgley (maybe)

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Put me down as a maybe. I am scheduled to work the night before, so depending upon how clear my head is as to whether or not I show up.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I will be there as well.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ttt

Depending on the weather, I may have to leave early.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Jack,

Definitly interested in coming, however, I'm kinda of a "green horn" to the meets. Are we allowed to bring family (wife and the kid)? Are you refering to the Twin Peaks in the lot with Best Buy?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some of us Arlington guys will be meeting at the QT on Matlock and I-20 to caravan over. If you want to join meet us there. You shouldn't caravan with us if you can't drive 60mph (Dennis).

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ttt

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
5111 said:
Some of us Arlington guys will be meeting at the QT on Matlock and I-20 to caravan over. If you want to join meet us there. You shouldn't caravan with us if you can't drive 60mph (Dennis).

60 mph is about my max :lol:......maybe will make next months meet.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I am assuming the restaurant is located at:

18995 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy,
Mesquite, TX‎ - (972) 270-7625‎

I'm going by way of North Park Mall in North Dallas. I should be seeing you there. If it's ugly weather I'll go in the P'up. I just cleaned the Bullitt, and it is supposed to rain. I did trade shifts with one of my fellow tech's so that I could make the meet.

And Chris, you have family, bring them along. I've never been to a Twin Peaks, but it's supposed to be more family oriented than say....Hooter's. But it's no McD's.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would come but my grandparents are flying in from Oregon. So I'll miss this on unfourtunatly as well as edgefest can we hold one around Arlington it will give my wife and I a chance to attend.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
It would seem that most GTG are held in the middle of the DFW area. The last few have been held outside of the HEB, Arlington geographic scene. Maybe next month? idk, Grand Prairie?

I highly recommend that if you know of a nice place to eat, that likes cars, and folks can gather and hang out for a couple hours post it up/suggest it. It's all open to consideration. ;-)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone know that we had a great time! It was good to finally meet everyone and hope to see you all again in June. I'll be checking back to see where and when.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bullitt6137 said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that we had a great time! It was good to finally meet everyone and hope to see you all again in June. I'll be checking back to see where and when.
It was good to meet you guys, hopefully we didn't scare you off.

The tentative plan is to meet the last weekend in June (27th). Many people will be gone in early June for the Nats and I'll be out of the country as well. We'll work out a location as we get closer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
No way, we had a blast and can't wait for June. It was a sight to see the caravan of Bullitts coming down the highway from the resturant!! The end of June sounds good, count us in where ever the meet ends up to be. Like I said Dee, we usually have our weekends free so call or email me anytime if anything else comes up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts