Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve Marsh Ford in Milan TN had a Mustang show yesterday (9/22/01). Great turn out about 60 cars from three states.
DHG#3771 won late model best of show. My car is all stock except A/C and headlight knobs from MGW.
I can beleive the trophies this car is racking up...... Love my Bullitt

Al

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrats!
I've had the same experience. Just as long as my DHG #1749 is the only Bullitt in my class!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Many congrats to you guys!! I have bagged a couple of first places myself. People just love to come over and check these cars out.

·
Banned
975 Posts
Mb 4875 Won best in class 94 to 2001 in Greenville, Il. on 9-22-2001.That makes 2- 1st, 1-2nd and DNP at the Kansas City Grand National. I will be Memphis at the show on Oct 6. This car is a great show car out of the box as a daily driver.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mb4875 on 2001-09-23 18:53 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,067 Posts
Alright Merlin!!! Another Bullitt that trophied! Bullitt #344 has taken home 2-2nd prizes trophies herself! Aren't car shows a blast! :smile:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Let me ask a question of all of you. I have never shown a car before. What do you really have to do and what little things that you do really impresses the judges. I know that you don't want to give away all your secrets, but just a general over view. Thanks :smile:

·
Banned
975 Posts
My 2 cents.
If you drive to the show and don't use a trailer you have a better chance to win the class.
a/c knobs straight up and down, e-handle down, trans in reverse. everything out of glove box and console. floor mats out. I jack up car to line up wheel center caps straight up. I have a display in trunk with all six revell models, copy of dvd and music sound track for effect.

That's not all my tips and tricks.

CLEAN < CLEAN < CLEAN >

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mb4875 on 2001-09-24 00:35 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,067 Posts
Hood up, trunk up. Engine sparkly clean. I had someone tell me this but haven't done it at a show--to put down one of the back seats to show how that looks.....

·
Registered
209 Posts
TwoStangWmn,
What do you use to get your engine sparkling clean? Also what is best to use to get your car clean again once you arrive at the show?
Thanks for the tips!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
At most of our shows,I just detail the car real well before I leave, get rid of any bugs I pick up along the way. Yes and try to rotate your tires so the red calipers,are visible. But what has gotten the attention the most,from judges,are those .38 Specials on my license plate screws! MCQUEEN and Twoponys,Know what I am speaking about! Of course that HURST shifter lever didn't hurt either.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,067 Posts
We have one of those dusters you can pick up anywhere to continually dust her off before and during the show. I don't know what hubby uses to shine up the engine compartment. I saw a Cobra guy, though, using Windex on the black parts in there and it worked very nicely! Just be careful where you spray it I think.

Hubby uses Qtips in the engine compartment, too, along with a toothbrush. (Of course, he is also known to use a toothbrush on the underside of his motorcycle)! :roll:

We use Back To Black on the honeycomp grill and black parts. Get a non streak window cleaner from the auto parts store too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts