Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a nice drive to Cold Springs, NY on Saturday. It's a little town on the Hudson River a little North of West Point. Great winding roads... from the Palisades Parkway to Route 9W after crossing the Bear Mountain Bridge.

I parallel parked (twice) while I was there... had a stranger in Cold Springs come up and congratulate me on having a Bullitt... bought 92 Octane for $3.99 in New Jersey... hit 60MPH in third (just to hear my engine roar a bit)... and drove back through Manhattan on the way to Queens, only to have a guy on the street near 68th and Broadway look at me and say "You look just like Steve McQueen!". :lol: (It's great how guys of a certain age immediately get the reference when they see a DHG Mustang! :cool:)

Steve

I really liked how the house across the street from my Bullitt was flying this huge American flag! Two great symbols of America! :smile:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Upstate NY is very beautiful. I spent many weekends in the Catskill Mountains. I loved going up during the summers and fall and stopping off at the farm stands for fresh veggies and apples.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yeah it all is so beautiful. I miss NY. I keep thinking I want to retire up there, but it's so expensive to live there I'm not sure it will ever be a reality.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Lynda and Ken!

I'm happy you both know the area! I plan on making many future runs up there. There should be a "Mustang run to Upstate New York" event of some kind. I'll bet some Mustang club in the area does this. :idea:

And as for the cost of living there, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't some bargains to be had... especially if you go as far as places like Rochester or Elmira. I was up around there once. Very picturesque. And I think Rod Sterling (The Twilight Zone) was born in Rochester! :wink:

Steve

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Crazy mailboxes at the door for #12 in the first picture.:shock: :confused: What's with that? The next door down has one mailbox:lol: .

Nice parking job. Kept the wheels off the curb too, did ya!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Steve, Rod Serling is from Binghamton N.Y. We lived up there for 17 years and that he was from Binghamton they have a walk of fame in the city to honor him.That area is beautiful, we hope to someday go back and live there again.We used to go to Bear Mountain area when we lived on LI.Miss the mountains, but not the snow!!!

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Binghampton, NY

nlustgarten said:
Hey Steve, Rod Serling is from Binghamton N.Y. We lived up there for 17 years and that he was from Binghamton they have a walk of fame in the city to honor him.That area is beautiful, we hope to someday go back and live there again.We used to go to Bear Mountain area when we lived on LI.Miss the mountains, but not the snow!!!
Hi Nancy!

Thanks for the correction. :redface: Very cool that you lived in Binghamton. Maybe I'll drive up there this summer. Anytime you feel like coming back for a visit, let me know! :smile:

Steve

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
My Grandparents had a hotel on Lake Mahopac.. Spent a few summers there as a kid, remember Bear mtn also.. Nice area, though I lean towards Lake George these days..

·
Registered
90 Posts
I went over the thousand mile mark myself this weekend. I have mixed emotions. I'm trying to keep the mileage down, but I enjoy driving the car too much!

Congratulations on your first 'k', and thanks for the great pictures!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Steve,

Have you been to Rochester lately? There are plenty of houses available for VERY cheap in Rochester. I'm just not too sure you would want to get out of your car there though, let alone bring your family or your Bullitt, well at least not without bringing a few large Pit Bulls complete with required 10 pound chain and 3 pound padlock around their neck.

Don't get me wrong, I have spent a lot of time in Rochester over the last 20 years, there are many nice areas, homes and places there but they have way more than their share of totally run down neighborhoods.

SteveNYC said:
Hi Lynda and Ken!

I'm happy you both know the area! I plan on making many future runs up there. There should be a "Mustang run to Upstate New York" event of some kind. I'll bet some Mustang club in the area does this. :idea:

And as for the cost of living there, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't some bargains to be had... especially if you go as far as places like Rochester or Elmira. I was up around there once. Very picturesque. And I think Rod Sterling (The Twilight Zone) was born in Rochester! :wink:

Steve

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Black GT500 said:
Steve,

Have you been to Rochester lately? There are plenty of houses available for VERY cheap in Rochester. I'm just not too sure you would want to get out of your car there though, let alone bring your family or your Bullitt, well at least not without bringing a few large Pit Bulls complete with required 10 pound chain and 3 pound padlock around their neck.

Don't get me wrong, I have spent a lot of time in Rochester over the last 20 years, there are many nice areas, homes and places there but they have way more than their share of totally run down neighborhoods.

Drive around the neighborhood, and if you see a check-cashing place, keep on driving. :doubt:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts