Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm checking out. Sold 4542 two weeks ago to a young fellow named Josh from the Chicago area. He recently sold his Bullitt looking for lower miles and bought mine. I'm sure he's a member here somewhere. I have some medical problems that dictated I get an automatic trans (bad word) so I had to depart with my beloved car but know it is going to a good guy who will take care of it. I ended up buying a 2004 Mach 1 with automatic that is in fabulous condition and totally stock. The Bullitt was the first GT I'd ever ridden in so I had nothing to compare it to but these two cars are really different. The Bullitt handled significantly better but it had Sportline springs and Bilsteins ... it also had a Cobra IRS and was flat as a pancake through curves. Inside the cars are pretty much the same but the Mach 1 leather is much softer than the Bullitt. The Mach 1 is significantly less "creaky" and quieter ... not necessarily a function of the Bullitt but I'm told they changed construction slightly in 2003 which made all the GT "like" vehicles quieter. Power wise ... stock for stock ... not even close. The Mach 1 will snap you back in the seat like the Bullitt never would. I was not real active on the site but read it religiously and this is the finest Mustang related site in existance. I'll check in from time to time to get the latest drift. You are all real gentlemen (and ladies) and I wish you all the best.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Sounds like a win-win situation for seller and buyer. Hope you can stay in touch with us. Perhaps you and the new owner can post some pics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice, thats true about the Mach 1s but I think the Bullitt looks much cleaner, however that hood on the Mach is pretty nice. It's too bad but good luck with the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts