Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked it up today and it is a MONSTER! Got the 2nd gen saleen rootscharger with liquid to air intercooler and full gauge package, no other mods yet. The low end response is unreal. The only problem is they want to keep my bullitt intake ,they (Chicane Sport Tuning and Palm Springs Motors)are trying to say that it was part of the deal, I say BUllSH*T ! Anyway will post some dyno numbers soon, Joe at Chicane said It should be a minumum of 325 at the wheels.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I financed it in the package at the dealership, worked out to $4200.00 installed with the gauge package($300.00)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Sweet! Enjoy those new tires you'll be buying shortly.:grin:

DHG Bullitt #05134
Vortech S Trim w/AFM Powerpipe
Bassani X-pipe w/cats
Steeda Tri-ax
4.10s

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Barnaby on 2001-11-16 23:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
630 Posts
WOW! Good for you! I am jealous! Did they warranty that? I am near Palm Springs, am interested. Can you get me their number? Don't give up your intake!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did you have to get a new T-body or does Saleen have a way to use the twin 57 ???
I want one so bad I can taste it.

BLK 4902

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-01 22:39 ]</font>

·
Registered
372 Posts
that is awesome. that is the first thing i thought of after i bought my bullitt. i am understanding correctly in that you bought the supercharger from the dealer and had someone else install it? if so, did the dealer void the warranty or anything like that? how many pounds of boost do the saleen blower make?

·
Registered
120 Posts
same question...

what about the throttlebody?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As for the throttle body, it now has a single bore 70MM, The dealership works with a tuner shop in LA, Chicane Sport Tuning. They did the install, All financed through the dealership. As for warranty, the dealership warranties everything except the aftermarket parts. The saleen warranty covers the supercharger/related items. If the supercharger causes damage(lean condition) wastes engine, saleen is responsible.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-05 20:25, full metal jacket wrote:
The saleen warranty covers the supercharger/related items. If the supercharger causes damage(lean condition) wastes engine, saleen is responsible.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I hope you don't have to test that. I have heard of people that have bought Saleens with a Saleen installed charger having trouble getting them to warranty their motors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts