Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DHG 890, original owner. 45k miles. changed to synthetic fluids at 20k. really good shape.

mods:
frpp shorty headers, slp catted x pipe, slp catback with mrt brushed tips
H&R supersports, maximum motorsports c/c plates, 18" deep dish bullitts with mooneye center caps, 265/295 KDW2's
01 cobra front bumper, 5% tint
also have mm subframes and redline tuning hood props that are new in box.

have all stock take off parts.

just trying to see if there's any interest, preferably local.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know what to ask. thinking about taking the mods off and selling them seperately. i'm don't want to sell, but if there is someone interested i will. i'm a little tired of having to take so much care of a car. i wash it 3 times a week. i have to park in the deepest part of the lot at school to avoid dings and the other day i came out and there were hand prints on the door and window, and the alarm had been tripped. plus, no one other than me respects this car. i figure if i can get a decent price for it i can get a beater and not worry about it. i dont know, maybe i just needed to vent. its just frustating having something nice and having to lose sleep hoping that its still parked where i left it the next morning. it would definitely relieve major stress out of my life to get rid of it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ah man... don't sell your baby. You are going to deffinately regret it if you sell. I know how you feel about being paranoid about your car, I get like that too sometimes. And I know that there are alot of inconsiderate people out there that have no respect for anyone else's property. But realize that it is only a car. And I know what all you might be thinking right now... it's only a car. Yup, I said it! Don't let the car own you. Take care of your baby, and enjoy it, and take pride in it. But realize that it can always be fixed. As crappy as that may be, it can always be fixed. You will have problems with any car with people trying to brake in to it, and getting door dings... And even though you may not care as much if you got a "beater", it's still going to **** you off when you see it. And you will deffinately miss your performance you have with the Bullitt. You know it to be true deep down in side. I had a piece of crap car as my first car, and it got broken into... It doesn't matter how good or bad the car looks, people will always look to see if there is something worth taking. It's part of the experiance. And as far as finding a parking spot in a far away spot and with no one else around it to hit it or anything... Just think of it as a bonus to getting a little more exerise during the day. Anyways, all I am saying is don't sell the thing that gives you so much happiness. As much love and care as you put into the car, you know that you really don't want to get rid of it. It's good to vent, but don't do anything rash.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Vent away. Here's a thought for you. Why not sell all the mods, kick in a few bucks and buy the beater to take to school. Solves all the problems. Bullitt stays safe at home, beater to school and later mod the Bullitt. Down the road I think you'll regret selling the B just because of what COULD happen to it today.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she said she would kill me if i sold it. i've had 890 since i was 16, we met when we were 17, and they've both been a big part of my life. a lot of awesome experiences with her and 890. i just am having a hard time justifying the time and money that i will continue to put into the car. i kept it stock for a long time, and then my best friend got a kb'd gt and i've been playing catch up ever since. i just took her out and banged some gears, feel much better. but i still think if i got a good offer i would probably take it.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
The spending of money on this car is not the fault of the car, it is yours. Trying to play catch-up with anyone is your idea, has nothing to do with the car. It is fine to like the Bullitt and be protective of it, but it is just a car. In the real world it means nothing, and I mean nothing. Enjoy what you have , worry less about what could happen and live life as if today was the most important day of your life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts