Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good news: daughter #2 is coming our way in November (way earlier than planned).

The bad news: Though it breaks my heart, the wife taking a year away from work means the Bullitt has to go.

DHG4448:

23,000 miles with no problems. I was given a neat file of reciepts when I bought the car detailing everything that had been done to the it, which only consisted of oil changes and inspections, all done by the local dealer. Carfax done when I purchased it showed an entirely clean vehicle, and I will provide the vin in a PM if you want to run another. I checked the vehicle further to make sure it had never been hit.

The condition of the car is outstanding. The paint gleams like new, if not better, with the only blemishes being a fine scratch by the driver door lock (less than the width of a hair and 2" long, cannot feel it dragging a fingernail) and a very few pin head sized stone strikes and bug marks typical of a low mile car driven on public roads. None of these are visible from more than 4-5 feet away. Headlights and third brake light are as new with no haze. The interior still smells new and is immaculate. The outboard driver bolster shows the wear of a low mileage car, which is minimal. It has two sets of floor mats: the originals which are perfect and a Bullitt logo set that are in great driver shape, but not perfect.

I bought the car bone stock as it came from the factory and added the following mods:

Mach1 chin spoiler
68 GT fender emblems
Aluminum finish Retro Rings
Coin holder Bullitt badge
1" rear spacers

All are easily converted back to stock and I will do so if the new owner desires. In addition to the maintenance receipts, I have the original window sticker and bill of sale, all of the manuals, and the hang tags and printed material that came with the car as delivered. The previous owner purchased the car from the original owner with the tags still hanging and the sticker in the window.

$13,000

See also:
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142992

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Wow Great price for a lower mile bullitt! Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
23 Posts
interested!

Hi... very interested in your Bullitt. This is my first post, for some reason it isnt letting me post over in the meet-n-greet section yet. I will PM you (hopefully) or you can e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks!!!

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
raise that price brotha, your Bullitt is worth way more than that!!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
raise that price brotha, your Bullitt is worth way more than that!!!!

I know, I know, I could ask considerably more. I bought the car in February because one meeting my standards finally found its way into my range of affordability, which subsequently narrowed when my boys remembered how to swim upstream. I waited six years to buy one and intended to keep the car for a looooong time, not make a profit on it. Thirteen is what I paid Jarzyna for it, so thats what I decided to ask for it.

If it sells, I will have owned and driven the car I really wanted for the cost of tax and registration fees, and someone will get a fantastic Bullitt for a good price. Hopefully, Karma will pay me back in 18 months when the wife (who offered to go back early so I could keep it, God bless her) goes back to work and I am again in the market for a (blown next time, heh heh) Bullitt.

I understand some may be angry and think I am eroding the value of their own cars, but I feel I have a valid reason for asking my price.

Charlie

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I can see no reason for anyone thinking you are eroding the value. These cars are not bringing big money stock. I think your price is good and someone will buy this car, when I do not know. As they say there is an a$* for every seat, you just have to find it. Tell those thinking the price is low to sell your car for what they can and any money over $13,000.00 they can keep.

·
Registered
412 Posts
oh, and would you mind removing the 68 badges and putting the 01 style badges back on the fenders if I am able to buy it? Personal preference I guess.

LMK,
Jared

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DHG4448 is no longer on the market.

Today, I happened to be speaking to my parents when my sister overheard that I was selling the car. She couldn't say fast enough that she'd take it. I couldn't say SOLD fast enough. I completely forgot how mad she was when I sold my green '95 Mustang to get married, as she loved that one, too. She'll qualify for the Young Guns registry as she is 22 and newly out of college. When she starts her new teaching position in September, she will take ownership of the Bullitt. She knows about the site, so I'll make sure she registers in a few weeks.

I couldn't ask for a better outcome. The car will stay in the family and continue to be well maintained (even if I have to do it myself). I even talked my father into giving her one of the garage spots. Eventually, I will get it back when she moves on to another vehicle.

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest and good luck in your continued searches for Bullitts.

Charlie

·
Registered
412 Posts
I just sent you a huge PM...not sure if I should be ****ed or happy for you, I am very sad for me, thats for sure.

Jared

·
Registered
453 Posts
That's good news for you, bad news for me. Thanks for all the pictures you emailed. I glad you were able to keep it in the family!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi my name is paul and i just came accross this page on google. i actually just bought this car 3 days ago. dgh 4448. would love to tell you about the car my email is [email protected]

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

1 - 18 of 18 Posts