Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Well, I found out the hard way that SCT tuners that are purchased with programs installed by SCT do not work well with 94-04 Mustangs.

It seems that the SCT can not set the rev limiter unless the rev limit has been custom programed to be installed with an engine tune such as a premium fuel tune. And then you get only one choice of rpm to install with the premium tune.

Even though the rev limiter parameter is in the program and seems to be installed successfully .... it does not install. The rev limit does not change.

The Diablo does not have this problem. The rev limiter parameter installs and works just fine. And there are several choices for your rev limit. I tested it a week ago at an open track day at the local road course. Diablo ROCKS!

·
Registered
421 Posts
just to throw in my 2 cents, my SCT works fine all around. I have two different rev limits set and they both work. I really like the Xcal3.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
My experience with the XCal2 has been nothing but disappointment. Every tune causes bad pinging with my car except for the 87. And the 87 tune doesn't work well as it causes horrible backlash issues. So, for ~$400 I have a very fancy code scanner now. In retrospect, I wish I had went with the Diablo. I don't know if I would have the same problems with it, but for another ~$400, I'm not about to find out.

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
I have both, but have only used the diablo tune in mine and have been pleased with it.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I have the Xcal2 and have had nothing but good things from it. Granted my tune came for Modular Powerhouse, I had to do some fine tuning. also, I was able to set my rev limiter (even do away with it)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I had a SCT chip and my pinged with the chip. I now have the diablo and my car runs great with the preformance tune.

·
Registered
987 Posts
"Can tunes" suck period. I always try to get a custome tune.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PhotoRick said:
Hi Guys,
Well, I found out the hard way that SCT tuners that are purchased with programs installed by SCT do not work well with 94-04 Mustangs.

It seems that the SCT can not set the rev limiter unless the rev limit has been custom programed to be installed with an engine tune such as a premium fuel tune. And then you get only one choice of rpm to install with the premium tune.

Even though the rev limiter parameter is in the program and seems to be installed successfully .... it does not install. The rev limit does not change.

The Diablo does not have this problem. The rev limiter parameter installs and works just fine. And there are several choices for your rev limit. I tested it a week ago at an open track day at the local road course. Diablo ROCKS!
Hi Guys,
The SCT info I reported came from tech support at SCT. When I could not set the rev limiter with the SCT factory programmed device (not a custom tune), tech support confirmed that the rev limiter can not be set on my Mustang. With a custom tune set by an SCT dealer, the rev limit can be programmed with an engine tune.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts