Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone adjust their Bullitt for new axle (mine 3.73) and keep factory settings? I've had the performance tune on it but set it back to the original settings. It appears now that I can't adjust for my 3.73 axle without putting the "performance tune" back on??? Thank you!

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.... anyone?

The Predator came with the car. Maybe someone has simply added the performance tune and adjusted the "Spark Advance" to 10-15 retard in order to run lower grade fuels?? The axle is easy to adjust within the Performance Tune but it apparently can't be adjusted without a Custom Tune...

Ultimately I want to simply run the car at factory specs with only an adjustment for the 3.73's... I'll tinker now and then with the Predator Tunes to give it a little more spunk. ;)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I just bought my DHG Bullitt last week and have the same issue. Mine came with the Predator and the PO had set it back to stock so he would not have to buy Premium gas. It has the 3.73 gears also so the speedo was reading higher than the actual speed. I reloaded the predator tune and calibrated the speedo with a handheld Marine GPS. I would also like to know if you can calibrate the factory tune for the 3.73 gears!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rare Pony said:
I just bought my DHG Bullitt last week and have the same issue. Mine came with the Predator and the PO had set it back to stock so he would not have to buy Premium gas. It has the 3.73 gears also so the speedo was reading higher than the actual speed. I reloaded the predator tune and calibrated the speedo with a handheld Marine GPS. I would also like to know if you can calibrate the factory tune for the 3.73 gears!
Hey Rare Pony... I now believe that Diablosport simply didn't complete the function on some of the Predator units. I took my Bullitt back to factory specs then loaded in the HP Tune rather than the Diablo Tune. Within this you can adjust the parameters including the axle which we are trying to do. Even though the Predator runs through the entire download onto the car it never actually puts the new axle data on the car computer. I actually loaded on the 3.55 & 3.73 just to see if the speedo will function differently but it still reads as though it's got the factory 3.23 in it. Soooo, I'll call Diablosports and I'm sure they email or share what I can do to update this. I thought I had the most current download but now I'm betting not. In the mean time, the speedo will adjust correctly if you do the Performance Tune on your car then adjust your axle within the "Modify" within it. That's what I'm running right now and the speedo is spot on. Hope this helps... I'll also post more when I find out for future searchers who come across this as well...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rare Pony said:
Good info for your speedo...
http://www.bullittarchive.com/3013.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts