Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought one one ebay and got it today. I havent programmed it yet. Why? Well I have no clue what all the fuel settings are. Does anyone know what the settings work the best? Thanks

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you telling me that you bought a tuner and you think you can just plug it in and play around and get 400 HP?

You will get nothing but a car that will not run!

A tuner is for someone that KNOWS HOW TO TUNE!

That means your Diablo + about 500.00-750.00 to a tuner that knows what he is doing!

If it was as easy as you think it is, everyone would have one in their pocket!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
are there any pre-programmed tunes in the DiabloSport?

most people that buy one just wanting a basic tune work OK I guess. Check their website for one to download. I also know of a mail order tuning companies (now online) that provide you a tune, you download it on your comp, send it to the unit, and upload to the car.

While it won't be as good as a specific tune for your car, you should notice a small difference.

:edit
have I ever used one or owned one? no..
but this is just what I think is correct

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh no. I dont think I will get 400 hp....it isnt a chevy. lol I just wanted to tune the car with the tuner which I have done before with my other mustangs, dodge truck, chevy truck....etc. The thing that this tuner has that the hypertec or superchips programmer didnt have was this.....

# Dual timing adjustment points (2000-4000 RPM / 4000-7000 RPM)
# Timing table (+10% / -40%)
# Dual fuel adjustment points (2000-4000 RPM / 4000-7000 RPM)
# Fuel table (+40% / -15%)
# Cooling Fan ON/OFF Temperatures

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thats what I did today. All I can say is..wow. It runs really good. It stumbled a little at first, but when you let her have it......it smokes the tires up pretty good.

·
Registered
231 Posts
pretty bad ass huh? I was suprised how much stronger it felt! Handed it to a new GT when i took it for a cruise. Have fun w. her!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well if I get some time soon, I will mess with the adjustments on it some. I need to turn off the dumb traction control....like I need that in Texas. lol I hope my buddy lets me know when he is going to have a 25 dollar dyno day. I want to see what it has.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
the joker said:
Well thats what I did today. All I can say is..wow. It runs really good. It stumbled a little at first, but when you let her have it......it smokes the tires up pretty good.
If you have to hammer it to keep it from stumbling, something is very wrong.

This is why I hate predators.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Um huh? lol I am not sure. There is so much stuff on here that I get lost. It isnt like a superchips or hypertec. I need to really get it on a dyno and see what it is doing.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Predator doesn't have an analog input. Looked it up on their site and I couldn't find an analog input anywhere.

·
Car Whisperer
20,780 Posts
I have the standard predator tune in mine and it never has stumbled and it runs great with it. Big difference.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah 350 bucks for a tune. I will pass. I will email him with the mods and let him send me a custom tune. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Predator Tuner

I have one. I got it, and had the tunes inserted by Bamachips. You can get addt'l tunes from him. Just send an e-mail.

It made a huge difference in H.P. for mine. :smile: :smile:

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Who is bamachips? How do I email or contact him? Thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts