Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from my dealer that documents would be mailed to me in a few months about my Bullitt. Anybody know anything about this?

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Welcome aboard! No, I have not heard of this.
My Bullitt was purchased August 29th and I
have not received anything from Ford other
than a survey about my purchase experience.
If you do find out something please let all
the Bullittheads know! Again, welcome aboard!
This is a GREAT club! You'll see!

P.S. I'm new here too.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I received a letter of congratulations from my dealership and one from ford on purchasing a Bullitt. Then a few weeks later I got the Bullitt DVD/Poster/movie prints/Screenplay, etc package...the package that supposedly only the Canadian Bullittheads got.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I also received a letter of congrats, but that's an automatic letter printed out. I already had the DVD so I don't care about free gifts. I tried unsuccessfully for 3 weeks and talked to numerous people about gettting 1 stinking brochure. Couldn't even do that, some people at Ford didn't even know what I was talking about. The standard reply was all we have is for the regular GT. Oh well, guess I'm SOL!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I was told the samething by my dealership, but I guess it just won't happen

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
My dealer experience was HILARIOUS....but only because I have a sense of humor.
After listening to all of you talk about the brochure and other things...I decided while I was getting my oil changed to go inside and have a little chat...HAH! What a glutton!
Here's how it went:

Me: "I was just wondering if you could tell me how many Bullitts you sold here at this dealership?"
Them: "Since when?"
Me, stifling the heat starting to rise:
"Since May, when they came out."
Them: absolute silence
Them: "Why, are you with some company?"
Me: "No, I was just wondering. I bought one from you."
Them: more silence
Me, trying a new tactic: "Do you have any of the brochures that came with them?"
Them: "Why? Is there something wrong with your car?"
Me, still trying to stifle that heat before it became anger: "No, I LOVE MY CAR, I just wanted to know if you had the brochure"
Them: " Well....I could pull something off the internet for you. Could you come back TOMORROW?"
Needless to say, I never went back.
I could not believe HOW PARANOID they were.
All the Sales Manager could think was that I was either some INFORMANT from Toyota, or an unhappy customer. He did not remember me, although I remembered him and his name.
He eventually told me he thought they sold 15. I could tell he TOTALLY made that number up...he had no idea. When I asked if they knew the color break down, they thought maybe they had had one of those dark blue ones. (They had two true blues when I bought mine)

I couldn't wait to get out of there!

Sorry for the rant...I just thought I'd share my experience at trying to obtain the brochure from the dealer.

Thank God I love my car!!!
:bullitt:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
If I were you, 6treva9, I wouldn't let the subject rest.

I'd make it a point to see the general manager for;

(1) An explanation as to how you could spend around $30,000 of your money at their dealership and you get treated like some corporate spy for simply asking a question!

(2) Not be remembered for being their customer!

Turn the tables, make him feel like a fool and watch him kiss your butt to keep your future business.

Not straying from the subject, but I had to go into the dealer where I bought #169 to see about getting the extended warranty and service contract transferred to #1053.

I was up front and explained I couldn't buy a replacement Bullitt from them, simply because no more are to be found.

They were extremely gracious, and did all the paper transfer and managed to start the service contract all over, for free!
This means, #1053 will get all the benefits as if I bought it new, from them!

Obviously, this dealership gets it whereas your dealer doesn't.

I highly recommend Ford Country, Henderson, Nevada!

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
I'm such a non-confrontational person, it was hard for me just to stand there listening to them being such idiots.

You're right though, I should go back in and demand a little respect.
I was so flabergasted that he didn't even recognize me...after I spent, like, 3 HOURS there, trying NOT to be swindled ...
I was never comfortable there...especially since I did NOT intend to buy a car that night. The only reason he got the sale was cuz I fell in love with the BULLITT.
Thanks, I'll go back in this weekend, and continue my little chat !~
Your dealer sounds so incredible...unlike any of the ones around here.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
At the dealer where I bought DHG 3875, I
asked for a Bullitt brochure to go with the
car. The salesman hands me the 2001 Mustang
brochure. I say this is not it sir. Sure it
is he says and shows me the GT with the
premium wheel. Obviously he was clueless.
Do you have any other Mustang brochures I
ask. He hands me a 2002 Mustang brochure.
LATER!

Also, these guys had no clue about the
performance mods on the Bullitt.
They thought it was just a badging package!

Who trains these guys?!?!
DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2001-12-19 13:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Hey PY,

next time you go in, go see the guy who actually orders the cars. I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut he has a couple in his desk drawer.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't see much loyalty on the part of dealers for frequent customers. I have bought three (3) vehicles (all new) from a local dealer (not Ford) in the past five (5) years. I'd say that should rate something. Guess again. I had major problems with a GMC truck that I bought there and they could not have given less of a sh*t. Calls to the Salesman (same one on 3 vehicles), Service Manager, Truck Manager and General Manager were never returned. Not one. Had to file a BBB claim to even get ANYONE to talk with me. I am not a picky person. There was no history of trouble, from me, that would justify their complete refusal to address the issues. Customer Service appears to have gone the way of the Dodo bird. I guess 10 years of prosperity will do that. However, the worm is turning.

I'm sure there are great dealerships out there, but I have yet to find one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crs2879 on 2001-12-19 14:01 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
we will NOT be receiving any Bullitt mailings from Ford.
man, i can't believe what some dealer salesmen let spew forth from their mouths!!!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
If it's any consolation, I was treated pretty good at the dealership when I bought my car. But it was pulling teeth trying to get the brochure and I finally got one after asking all the salesman if they had one. I didn't receive any package concerning the Bullitt, it almost seems like the dealership really didn't no alot about the car but they sure did want to charge full price for the car without any discount.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
the worm is INDEED turning crs!
i personally had ZERO problems with my dealer AND salesman!!! they were just fine and treated me with respect! my comment was directed at some of the stories i've heard from all of you.
my salesman was very cool as was the dealership. his only unusual comment to me was that i had embarrassed him because i knew more about the Bullitt than he did.(and he did know it and understand the signifigance of it....i just knew it better!!)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts