Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of us have contacted manufacturers of diecast miniatures to see if they would make models of our Bullitt, but has anyone contacted Revell or Ertl? One big block toward making replicas is obtaining a license from Paramount/McQueen/Ford. Revel and Ertl already have licenses for the '68 Bullitt mustang, perhaps it could be used or extended to cover the 2001 edition. I'll try to email someone at Ertl and Revell, but I don't have a clue who to contact. I will reference BullittClub site and the diecast petition

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
Cool! Thanks for doing that! I sure would
like to have 3, 2001 Bullitt models, one in
each color!

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-18 00:06 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
8,772 Posts
Ertl is now called "Racing Champions - Ertl" Their web address is http://www.rcertl.com/ . It looks like their site has changed in the last year. I called their promotions group about a year ago to quote on some company award gifts. They were pretty responsive. The website gave the following e-mail address for asking a specific product question: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
there may be more information soon from a major manufacturer.
it's not a "sure thing" yet, but i know at least one company is seriously considering making it (2001 Bullitt)but it's too premature to start talking about it at this time. as i know more, i will update the club!

it would be pretty cool though and maybe they will consider making a "run" of each color.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
LOL....this is why it's too early to say anything!!
as i hear more i promise to let you know!

mystang99

·
Registered
81 Posts
Let me know as soon as they are available,I would like 1 of each color plus a 68 bullitt.It would be cool if Franklin Mint would make them,there detail is killer.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I emailed Racing Champion - Ertl yesterday suggesting they make a 2001 Bullitt to compliment their 1968 Bullitt. They emailed back that they forwarded the suggestion to their development dept. Bullitt4003 has posted the Ertl email address to make product suggestions, I think everyone should send them a note. I will copy all of your replys here and send them along to Ertl.

Revell-Monogram did not list an email address so I sent a snail mail letter to them. I will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have emailed Racing Champions - Ertl some of your comments, but I edited out any references to possible production by other companies. I hope none of you object to my quoting you and will be happy to forward a copy of the email to anyone interested.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
you're making this tough!! i just can't say right now!!
i PROMISE some news for the site in early February

1 - 14 of 14 Posts