Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any?
The bunch at the Service Dept. asked me what top speed was. I got about 150mph when I felt a thud as if the rev limiter kicked in. I assumed it was a speed governor, although I'm not too sure what the rpm's were (eyes firmly fixed on road).
The boys said the older mustangs were limited to 140(GT) or 150mph(Cobra).
I think some drivers on the Forum got past 150mph with no problems.
Can anyone shed light on this?
P.S. The thud was not -I repeat- not roadkill.
P.P.S. I did check, it was not the seat of my pants :cool:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thought I heard they got engine block heaters. Anyone?

I also thought NO Bullitt, GT, or Cobra was electronically limted in speed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a Canadian Bullitt. It has daylight running lamps, engine block heater, 2 lighted vanity mirrors, but the kph are secondary on the speedo. Maybe the dealer changed it out when they stole it out of Canada for me. :grin:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I also heard that Canadian Bullitts came 'standard' with the Mach460 and the ashtray/lighter set.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have spent some time looking into this. The list is:

- Dual light vanity mirrors
- Daytime running lights
- Standard Mach 460
- Standard Cigarette package
- Block Heater
- Modified chip for emmissions and speed regulations
- Standard DOHC 4V 4.6L engine :smile:

·
Registered
64 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-30 09:21, kfengler wrote:
Hope I don't iritate any super sensive types!

Sez la vi! ( did I spell that right? where's our French experts)
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

French Expert Fast Five to the rescue! :grin:

It's "C'est la vie!"

And you spelled "sensitive" wrong! :razz:

As for the bit about DOHC... I don't think so! Maybe it's just those Ontario guys, but here in Queer-bec it's a SOHC!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So .... why are the Canadian cars the 4v engine? ..... And ... why wouldn't they have gone ahead and made them all the 4v??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Trust me... they're 2 valves! :grin: I have a DOHC in my Protege5 and you can see by comparison that there's no way they fit 2 cams in the Bullitt's heads!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hey, lets not forget about the price. Let me read from the window sticker. Base price 30,725.00 plus A/C tax 100.00 and the Bullitt option 5,795.00 and delivery 790.00 for a total of 37,310.00. Don't forget to add 15% tax-federal and provincial. I was lucky enough to pay cash so the dealer gave me the car for 32,500-what a GT lists for.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey BlastofaBullitt,

What type of computer modifications were made? I have a Canadian Bullitt and I can't get my Diablochip to work, and I now think it must be the reprogrammed ECU. Do any Canadian Bullitt owners have aftermarket chips and did you have to specify that you had a Canadian Bullitt when you ordered it? This has been frustrating me from day one and I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Brad

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm not sure how the chip has been modified, apparently we have different emmision standards than the U.S. so the chip had to be modified to meet our standards.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Canadian Bullits have the same 4.6 sohc as the us ones. The equipment mentioned above is right though:
Mach 460;
dual lighted mirrors;
block heater;
DRL's;
Metric primary speedo (240kph).

The big difference is the cost, $36,700 Canadian. That equates at current exchange is $23,000, fully loaded. Not bad eh...

It is not fun for us to buy things in the US, but it is fun to sell them there!

Cheers neighbours.

Jim (Black 1446)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts