Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone....

I have searched and read but don't feel I have a solid lead on an answer or fix...When driving my 01 DHG in a "spirited" manner...If I get above 4500 RPM it is INTERMITTENTLY difficult to shift 2 to 3...sometimes 3 to 4.

Bullitt 2255 is the car and it is highly modified...to include a KB 2.3 Supercharger, SPEC Stage 2 clutch, Aluminum flywheel, Steeda Tri-ax shifter, and more...

I have not changed fluid to the TSB lower amount of fluid...it has 35,000 miles total on the vehicle...less on the mods by what I understand about 7-8000 miles.

It does change with temp - or so I think it does - warmer = harder shifts...

THOUGHTS on the issue? Clutch cable? Fluid? Something more serious?

I am not the most mechanical guy so I am looking to those who might be...

Thanks,

Gribley

·
Registered
917 Posts
I think the TSB for the fluid had to do with being overfilled and the fluid foaming at higher RPM and possibly heat. I think that would be a great start swapping the fluid for a high quality fluid with the correct amount (3.2 quart). I used Redline fluid in my TR3650 with pretty decent results. I'm sure another quality fluid would work well also.

Reactions: jamesgribley

·
Car Whisperer
21,732 Posts
stock or adjustable clutch cable? how old is the cable? how old is the clutch disc and/or pressure plate?

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stock or adjustable clutch cable? how old is the cable? how old is the clutch disc and/or pressure plate?
I think it is the stock cable although I can not be sure - 3rd owner of car. Is there a way to determine this? As far as I can tell it is not "adjustable". I have tried the lift up and then push all the way down method that I have read about...nothing has changed.

Age is also sort of a guess. Most of the work that has been done to car was done quite a while ago...but the car only has 35,000 miles on it. I would say the clutch work was done before 2008.

·
Car Whisperer
21,732 Posts
you can tell up on the firewall. if it has an adjuster there where the cable comes thru....adjustable. just the cable, then stock.

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought new cable & quadrant from STEEDA...much better shifting experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts