Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a 68 Mustang GT fastback with the window louvers? I would like to get a graphic made of the rear quarter window louver but I need a digital picture with 125 dpi resolution. The picture from the film clip is only 25 dpi - so it won't work. Thanks!:tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys - sorry, but neither will work. I need a picture of just the louver - not the whole car - taken by a digital camera set at the high resolution fine detail setting. And the picture of the louver should be taken straight on - no angle as to height or width - the camera lens needs to be focused directly on the center of the louver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,443 Posts
Dodging Bullitt said:
Thanks guys - sorry, but neither will work. I need a picture of just the louver - not the whole car - taken by a digital camera set at the high resolution fine detail setting. And the picture of the louver should be taken straight on - no angle as to height or width - the camera lens needs to be focused directly on the center of the louver.
Somebodies makin' them a Vinyl Decal!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
boy, is it ever!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
kfengler said:
Makes me remember why I fell in love with this car 40 years ago... :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
651 Posts
I think he means one like this, but for the 67/68. This is from the Ford Artehouse, and is only 96x96dpi. It's from a 65/66, but it's the better looking louver anyway. :)


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
242 Posts
Hey Al, I asked the wife (she takes all the pictures) if her camera would take the picture you need. She says the settings on her camera are 640x480 or 124x768. If one of these will work I will try to get a picture of the side louvers on our fastback. Just let me know.
Richard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts
what exactly are you up to now crazy al??? i am a photoshop master you know...
<br><a href="http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/a69stache/?action=view&current=111111111111002.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/a69stache/111111111111002.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bullitt#3808 said:
Hey Al, I asked the wife (she takes all the pictures) if her camera would take the picture you need. She says the settings on her camera are 640x480 or 124x768. If one of these will work I will try to get a picture of the side louvers on our fastback. Just let me know.
Richard
Richard

In talking to Fast Signs, they are telling me for the size of the graphic that I want from them, that the Resolution would need to be set to Large and the Compression set to Superfine (which is much more than the 640 x 480)- to get 125 dpi that they need for a quality graphic . They may be able to change the color to dark green. What color is your car? You can PM me on this if you wish. Thanks.

Al aka Dodging Bullitt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kfengler said:
I have this one in a larger fomat than this one I posted!
Karl

That looks like it is all chrome! But the photo is picking up the images of the people in the background?! The graphic will pick them up also - unless Fast Signs can enhance it somehow - but they need 125 dpi - which they tell me you can't get from anything on the internet.

Thanks. Is that your car or one from an auto show?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,414 Posts
Dodging Bullitt said:
Karl

That looks like it is all chrome! But the photo is picking up the images of the people in the background?! The graphic will pick them up also - unless Fast Signs can enhance it somehow - but they need 125 dpi - which they tell me you can't get from anything on the internet.

Thanks. Is that your car or one from an auto show?
It's my neighbors car, and the color is actually black! I took that inside the garage with the door open...
...I saw a red Mustang at a car show on Saturday but didn't have my camera with me. :(

The oridinal was taken with a 7.2mp camera. I'll have to see if I can get a shot outdoors, and see if that will eliminate the refection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
Dodging Bullitt said:
Does anyone have a 68 Mustang GT fastback with the window louvers? I would like to get a graphic made of the rear quarter window louver but I need a digital picture with 125 dpi resolution. The picture from the film clip is only 25 dpi - so it won't work. Thanks!:tongue:
Was that it? Some faux louver decals? I had that idea,thought maybe an epoxy or gel type decal to give it a slight 3d look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FlaFyrman said:
Was that it? Some faux louver decals? I had that idea,thought maybe an epoxy or gel type decal to give it a slight 3d look.

I was going to get a graphic of the 68 louver made by "Fast Signs" - it does have the 3D effect - like you see on some contractor vans, etc. But when I submitted the photo which had the resolution I needed (thanks to photo sent me by K Jones) and placed the order, they forwarded it to their graphics artist - only to determine that he wouldn't be able to adjust the proportions so that it would fit on the 08 quarter window - as the order taker had told me it would be no problem in doing. So the order was cancelled. Thanks to everyone who had offered to send me digital pictures of their '68 louvers.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top