Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing is easy, is it.. ran into difficulties installing SW digital tach/shift light attempting to connect to one of the individual coals as "all data" showed no tach wire coming from ECU.. regardless of settings, did not work. awaiting response from SW currently.

Searched threads and saw this
"I have a shift light in my 05 GT. It is actuated by a Ford Racing Tach Driver, available at any FR parts dealer. The instructions call to splice in the Crank Position Sensor wiring and this is what I had done by a guy that specializes in car electrics"

If this works, where, what is crank position sensor.. not a technie, so the more information the better.. thanx..paul.

p.s. used speed of sound 3 pod pillar matching interior.. pricy and very nice.
..and did Borla 11750 axle backs... wow.... the sound is incredible.. did full tint.. did K&N filter/resonators per forum threads.... getting there.. now brenspeed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got answer myself from ford racing.
MSD Part # 8918 Tach Adapter GRM pickup $47.10 from MSD and hooks up to any one of the individual coils.

Ford Racing said Tach Adapter is required and is available from MSD or Autometer, and to connect it to the crank sensor on timing cover by the harmonic balancer.

MSD said they got a better signal coming from individual coils or injector wires, then running it to the crank sensor. FYI – Ford Racing used to sell a tach adapter, but no longer sells it.

Hasn't someone else run into this problem with shift lights or aftermarket tachs?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Shift lights, we don't need no stinking shift lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts