Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the dilemma:
1) 4915 shares the garage with my Chevelle.
2) There are no bunk beds, so there is room for only one.
3) The old lady (the Chevelle) needs her front end rebuilt. I mean everything... Tie rods, ball joints, bushings, shocks, springs, and add a rear sway bar.
4) The old lady is my daily driver.
5) It is December.
6) 4915 has never seen rain.
7) The Chevelle is older than me and has probably seen worse.

Do I haul a$$ and try to do all this work on a sunny weekend?
OR
Do I wait until spring (gulp :???: ) and try to do it then?

Suggestions and/or prayers are gladly welcome. :-B

P.S. I know the old lady is a Chevy, but have a little respect for the elders, I do.
And NO, selling the Chevelle or get a bigger garage is not an option. The latter, at least not right now.

Bullitt #4915 (Black)
1970 Chevelle

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nvr2Fast on 2001-12-10 16:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
596 Posts
Your 1970 Chevelle was and always will be one of the best Muscle cars made and one of my personal favorites. I have never owned one but would if given the chance and had the money (there's always a catch :lol: ). Treat the old gal with respect and she will take care of you.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
My 2 cents....get up REAL early on a Saturday, and haul A$# to finish up before dark. Put her away for the night, and finish up on Sunday, if not done.
You HAVE to take care of her, especially if she's your daily driver.

I have TONS of respect for all Muscle Cars.
68, 69 & 70 have always been my personal favorites...even Chevy's!

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Fix her real quick!
If you can't, you could cover her
with a good outdoor car cover.
But that's about 150 bucks.
DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-12-10 18:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
100 Posts
I used to have an old lady like yours.... But I divorced her and don't hang out with those Outlaws anymore!! Why not take the old lady to a professional suspension shop? If she serves you well, she deserves the best. Besides.. Then you can leave the Bullitt in the garage.

·
Registered
715 Posts
To heck with a sunny weekend. Get out there and fix the old lady. You won't get rained on if you're laying under the car. Or you could get your significant other to stand out there with and umbrella and keep you covered and supplied with hot cocoa.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And yet another dilemma....

My wife will drink all the hot cocoa.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow thats funny, I also have a 1970 Chevelle and it is currently sitting out in the rain because i also have room for only one car in my garage.Mine is an original cortez silver SS 396 car with a turbo 400 and a bench seat.It is in really good shape but does have a little rust on it (most chevys do).I will soon be building a new house, so I'll fix that one car garage problem then.
Jeff
DHG #2939

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would to build a giant garage with a lift etc,etc, but I also have to build a barn for the wife's two hay burners that she attends to on daily basis. It seems she likes horses and I like horsepower. I like horses too but not as much as my Bullitt.Horses are a lot of work......even if your not driving them.
Jeff
DHG #2939

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Nvr2, i loved the 69/70 Chevelles!!
one of my favorite cars, ESPECIALLY with the cowl induction!!
post a pic sometime! (what color is it?)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its blue, and its actually a Malibu hardtop, but it has all the original Malibu trim and interior. 350/350 setup with 4bbl. and dual exhaust. I'll try to post some pics....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts