Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night was the first time I took Black Beauty # 2627 out at night and when I put on the head lights I noticed that the instrument panel lights really dimmed a lot. Is that Normal ? :eek:

aka Krankiekat

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-08-29 12:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
783 Posts
BullittRocKer,

Yep, it's normal for the odometer and radio control lights to dim when your turn on the headlights.:smile:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for shedding some light on that subject for me: :grin: :eek: :smile:
:bullitt:
aka Krankiekat

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BullittRocKer on 2001-08-28 06:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BullittRocKer on 2001-08-28 06:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
I believe that the reasoning is that because it's darker out (thus headlights on), you don't need the lights to be as bright on the dash. If they were brighter, it could be a distraction. As far as I have seen, most modern cars do this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You know, you can adjust the brightness of things by turning the headlight knob. My car came with things pretty set pretty dim.

Scott

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, it just seemed at the very moment the head lights are turned on the instrumentation lights got dimmer, more than I've noticed in other cars, but as you said I can turn them up with the dimmer switch.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Ray,

What are you doing using the cruise control. This device is solely for the purpose of controlling speed when in the presence of law enforcement!! Other than that it shouldn't be touched. Plus who wants the added weight of the leds :smile: :smile:

Eric

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ray, you should recal the foot,it is much more fun that way.:grin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts