Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my local dealer in Reno today to see about 08 pricing/availability etc and to see the Shelby "GT350" advertised in the local rag. Advertised price on the "GT350" was $43,500.00 so I thought that was a decent price (for a GT500). But of course it was for a ShelbyGT which he said was 350 hp. I said it`s not a 350 and it is not 350hp. He showed me 3 GT500s and 3 "350s" in the show room and told me of its instant collectability and they were flyin out the showroom...yeah, that`s why you have 6 sitting here. OK, on to the 08 Bullitt info...he said they are not making one in 08 model year..I said are too! After some clueless banter I told him I knew about the Bullitt and I have an 01. He said oh yeah, thats the GT with badges and no wing...did you put the wing on yours? I had to go, he was killin me with his cluelessness.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
I don't know whether to laugh or cry regarding your encounter.

:lol: :cry: :lol:
:cry: :lol: :cry:
:lol: :cry: :lol:

I went to XXXXX Ford yesterday south of Atlanta, GA. The sales dude did acknowledge that a new 2008 Bullitt was coming but did not have any info. I told him that I have a 2001 Bullitt and he basically said it was a worthless sticker package GT. Then he started giving me crap about my Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (which I drove there). I asked him if I was allowed to take a major dump on his showroom floor. He said WHAT? I told him that he just took a major dump on me on his showroom floor and I should be allowed to do the same. :lol:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
So is insulting our intelligence the latest sales tactic? I wouldn't think it would be very successful.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
The dealers are really clueless about what they are selling. I went to one dealer looking for Bullitt pricing and the guy tries to steer me into a GT500- he tells me in 10 years it will be worth twice the price they are asking for it ($57,000). Ahh, yeah, right!

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Whammer said:
The dealers are really clueless about what they are selling. I went to one dealer looking for Bullitt pricing and the guy tries to steer me into a GT500- he tells me in 10 years it will be worth twice the price they are asking for it ($57,000). Ahh, yeah, right!
Which dealer was that and where?

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Oakridge Ford here in London.
Last month I went in and talked to the GM about the Bullitt- he never heard of it. He calls his district manager and he says- there isn't going to be one.
I told the guy- it's coming, you'll see.

I go in yesterday and they have ordered one. I ask about pricing and they are unsure- they just ordered it on spec for the dealership. They actually went out of their way to try and discourage me from getting the car. They tried to get me to buy the GT500 on their showroom floor- ahh no thanks. Then they try and get me into a GT- ahh, I already have one.
Hmm- well the Bullitt is going to probably be $45,000. Ahh, nooo, the package price is $4495, making it about $39,000.
Hmmm, you sure you don't want the GT500? It will be worth twice the selling price in 10 years.
Well thanks for your time but I'm going to go with another dealer.

Went home and ordered the car from Courtesy Ford. I was getting it from them all along but was at Oakridge for an oil change and thought I would check out what info they had.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Get them to put the twice the selling price in ten years in writing with a clause that if it isn't they will buy it back at twice the selling price.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
RCSignals said:
Get them to put the twice the selling price in ten years in writing with a clause that if it isn't they will buy it back at twice the selling price.
cool thought, but that will never work.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
IMHO, the sales person on the floor is mostly a greeter and hand shaker. Sometimes they only are there as a car chapperone. Nothing more. They don't have any car knowledge and often don't want any. They only know, or care to know what puts money in their wallet. The gratification factor you might call it. If the dealer has something that is getting to be old inventory these guys/gals are directed to move that/those type cars. And so they will make up any lie, excuse or reason to get you to buy that car/truck. Otherwise they couldn't care less what if anything is sold. Special Edition cars are a mystery to them. They only go to those customers (Like Bullittheads) that know what they want.
IMHO, the only true sales person at a dealership might be the floor manager, but not necessarily. Even that has become just a title, with little if any incentive pay. But they get to count their sales numbers and get bonus checks for moving things out the door before they become an inventory nightmare/hangover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts