Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not ragging on Cobras or anything.I stoped at a store today and was about to go in when a a guy parked illegally next to me so I could see his car.He gave me the look like I was inferior because he had a Cobra.It had leaves and small sticks on the hood like it had been sitting under a tree during a storm.Mine looked like a shinny new penny.It was obvious he didnt have a clue what a Bullitt was.I wanted to give him a hint but I'LL save it for the red light when I spank his butt.2 cents.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I had thought I'd read it would be fairly doable for a stock 95-98... Admittedly I'm pretty ignorant about cobras.

Joe

·
Registered
168 Posts
Up to a 95, no problem. 96 and up, DOHC 4.6, giant sewing machine man, if your lucky on the jump short run, 3rd gear and on it's all over. Just a little more juice than the ol Bullitt. One thing for sure though, you will look better doing it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
If it’s a 2001 stock, you might out run him up to about 60. After that, I think he would start pulling away from you. At least that’s what I hear. But admittedly, I’m also pretty ignorant about cobras.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know the year model but it looked like it wasnt took care of for years.The cobra on the side looked dull like plastech..lol.Aint skerd of raceing ,(win or lose)he will know that mine isnt a standard GT.

·
Registered
21 Posts
gentleman, i am lucky enough to have owned both. i still have the cobra. (01) the cobra get's to 100plus a LOT faster than the bullitt. BUT, the bullitt (elanor) was alot more fun to own and drive. the o/o made it as inexpensive to own as elanor. mpg is about the same as long as you aren't fooling around. my wife got dusted by the rev limiter against a ta the first day we had elanor. she was watching the ta instead of the tach. we saw the same guy about 3 weeks after we got the cobra. he pulled out of the ameristop across the street from us and she yelled comeon..st rt 73 in ohio has 2 straights about 3 miles long before you have to get out of it. we jumped in the cobra and chased him down, he recognized her (not me) she's a tall blonde and very beautiful..and smiled , she then pulled into the left lane and they ran from a roll. he hung in there till she hit 3rd, after that she pulled about a half car on him. his girlfriend was screaming at him to slow down and i was watching the speedo, at 110 i told her to slow down and she went to 4th and stayed in it till 130. when they finally caught up he wanted to know what happened to the gt. a** hole i thought. i told him what the bullitt was and all he could say was..a what? so much for someone that drives a door stop. i honestly believe that elanor could've taken him but i never got the chance to find out. hang in there. elanor was a joy to drive and own.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Look, if his Cobra looked that bad.....

He probably had his tire pressures all different, bent shift forks, some over the counter non-specific chip, no sense of wheel hop, and (hopefully) a brand new pinging horsepower-robbing mess of a mill.

If you can really drive, it is possible to really win. If not, you can always look like the winner when your opponent is an ass.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here's my dos pesos. I'm moving through traffic at a good pace and suddenly find myself behind a white Cobra, lowered with fatter real wheels. I pull to the right in 4th and he lets me pass - then jumps on my a$$. I drop to third with the right foot to the floor. I pulled away slighty as we're zipping up a hill. Traffic caused us to slow some, but then back to third and away I go. The Cobra was "there" but I felt I had the upper hand. Either he wasn't trying, it wasn't a real Cobra, or the Bullitt has the edge in the mid-range. A neighbor has a stock 96 (?) Cobra. I'll drag against him and see what's what. Details to come.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I have never ran a 2001 Cobra but I did run a 99 and I beat him, but we only ran up to 70 mph (this was in the DHG one). I have ran a couple of 98's and under (in my Black one) and won every time. one 98 I killed like 3 times.. I chalked that up to lack of driver in the other car though. Really though even if the other guy does beat me, its all for the fun of it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Damn that 2k1 true blue cobra is beautiful. I really love that color, i guess thats why my Bullitt is blue :smile:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
lol. By all means, while a 95-98 DOHC pushed 305 hp, a Bullitt, pushing more torque than it, should be a good race. Slap on the full exhaust set and you'll beat him. Guarenteed. I've never raced a Cobra. But I think the Houston Cobra owners (Those who initials don't start with JB) are kinda slow. A guy with an 01 was only doing 13.7s with DRs... what the hell?

·
Registered
35 Posts
My brother has a 97 cobra with bassni high flow cats and mufflers hp chip we ran twice once from dead stop pulled him by half a car and once from a roll still pulled him by a fender but he is still learning..

·
Registered
111 Posts
you all have a good chance against a 96-8 cobra and before. But the newer ones will put away at third gear. And to whoever said add a supercharger and gears i don't know where your getting your info but that isn't going to happen for less than the cost of a cobra. bullit is what like 26000, and a cobra like 29000. For 3 grand you aren't going to get a blower and gears all installed and everything. Sorry not gonna happen

1 - 17 of 17 Posts