Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard would it be to change out the "Disco dash" That is about the only thing I see that I dont like about the car.I want something that looks a little more like what the grown ups would drive.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I suspect from everything I've read and seen that the dash isn't as 'bright' as you may think it is. It is engine turned but the aluminum finish is actually somewhat subdued.
Ford's use of an engine turned dash goes back to 1932, hardly 'disco'.

If this were indeed a bright shiny engine turning i wouldn't like it at all.

But, I suspect it can be changed with any other Mustang dash pieces if you really want

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
At first glance I think it's easy to think that this is like a 70's Trans Am dash- but that dash was made of plastic and had reflective accents that made it sparkle a little bit.
When I first saw the Bullitt dash that was what I thought of, and wasn't too keen on it.
But then as I looked more closely I could see it wasn't the same.
Everyone who I've shown pictures of the car to, loves the look of the dash. It really does help to make the car unique.
I have a feeling that in real life the dash will pick up or absorb some the dark charcoal interior color and it won't be as bright as people fear it will.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
the dash in my 05 is all aluminum (not turned of course) and it actually stays pretty cool I was worried about the same thing when I bought it!

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
You can get aftermarket pieces and change it to woodgrain but having seen it it is not any brighter than the regular piece. Just has the machined texture. The Chief Engineer for Ford said don't ask him how much it cost....

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Any self respecting Bullitt owner would have a BULLITT windshield shade!! :D
fixed :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
I always look at things this way. If you dont like some things on a car change it to your liking. if there are a number of things you dont like, just dont buy the car. it's as simple as that.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I feel like a grumpy old man this morning. and just had to say it.....

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
It looks like the sort of thing they did in the airplanes in the 30s. Spirit Of St.Louis comes to mind. I would prefer woodgrain, too but, I could certainly live with and enjoy the dash as is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
bullstang said:
How hard would it be to change out the "Disco dash" That is about the only thing I see that I dont like about the car.I want something that looks a little more like what the grown ups would drive.

I think your opinion will change when you see it in person. It might be the single best piece on the car.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dragstar said:
I think your opinion will change when you see it in person. It might be the single best piece on the car.
You might be right. The pics Ive seen when it wasnt so bright looked kind of cool. I guess Ill find out soon enough. I think Im going to place an order for one :D

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Yeah, make sure you see it in person. It really doesn't look too bad. Its kinda cool (except in the sun, as Bill pointed out. :))

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
The disco dash.....that reminded me of the 1975 Cosworth Vega. Remember that one? I recall they were black with gold trim/wheels and a cool looking,for the time gold engine turned dash. Also first car with OEM stainless steel LT headers and maybe multi-point EFI.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts